Message Boards

Topic : 12/07 Love Smart, Part 2

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:47:41 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The lights are low, the champagne is flowing and Dr. Phil's singles party continues, teaching women how to weed out the bad boys and find Mr. Right. Four women who say they can't be themselves when they're around guys are taped as they candidly speak about dating and what they're looking for in a mate. What they don't know is that they are actually being watched by men whom they will later meet. Find out what the men think about these ladies! Next, one of the women gets a special makeover from Robin, and a pep talk from Dr. Phil. Will she be able to earn herself a second date when she's armed with a secret weapon? Then, Dr. Phil sends single women to "target-rich" environments. Some are armed with tips for meeting men, while others have to survive on their own. Which group of women will meet men and even get phone numbers? Plus, test your knowledge and see how well you know men. If you're ready to be a bride instead of a bridesmaid, you don't want to miss Dr. Phil's advice! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 7, 2005, 4:31 pm CST

What to mention, and not mention, if asked about past garbage

Hello,  I'm curious about something.  Everyone has a past with baggage they have experienced.  My question is, are there certain things we should stay away from on discussing on a date if asked?  I'm just wondering if we should stay away from certain topics, and if not, when is a good time to start revealing our past? 

Thanks for any responses. 

Diane 

December 7, 2005, 4:36 pm CST

Some people win the lotto too...

Quote From: deborac

Just want you all to know that Match.com DOES work!!!  I met my dear hubby there 8 years ago.  We're both in our 40's now and between us have a total of five kids!  His, mine and ours!!  We've adopted two little boys, age 4 and 2 months, both at birth.  Don't give up, MATCH.com is amazing.....just remember there are alot of frogs out there before you get to your potential prince too. 

So the lotto works for them. 

December 7, 2005, 4:39 pm CST

P.S.

Quote From: rockstarxx

Good grief, girls can go anywhere and meet guys, where can guys go to meet girls, where the guys are not outnumbering the girls 10 to 1? Do you women just sit at home? Give me a break, it is a womans world. Well, a pretty womans world. God help all the uglie's and us not tall, not so rich men.
You're off to a good start.  The female to male ratio is definitely in your favor on the Dr. Phil board.  :-)

December 7, 2005, 4:40 pm CST

Ha Ha! Memories of the 70's, Groovy!!!

Quote From: groovy

Kinda makes we want to burn a bra.  :-)
Oh yes, memories of the 70's!!! You gave me my laugh for the evening, Groovy! Seriously  though, what woman in this day and age wants to be a servant to some guy, and who has no feelings or regard for her as a person?  Yes, we get tired, we need our nights away from the kitchen, and many of us are working and appreciate a guy who helps out around the house.  And I do have the right NOT to have to look my best every minute of the day. Enough said.  Have a great night.

December 7, 2005, 4:42 pm CST

Shoe Shine

Quote From: niagara

Dr. Phil missed one target-rich environment --- the SHOE SHINE parlour!    Discover it for yourself.  If nothing else, you come away looking great, and can have a great time connecting with others personally or professionally in the 6 or 7 minutes it takes, plus any waiting time.  Check out the line-ups, and jump in.  LADIES; we've been missing out for too long!   If your check list includes that he or she be well-groomed, the shoes say it all.  If they are clean and polished, chances are so too are other areas of our lives.  It won't hurt your career either.  I was once told that "like Palm Pilots and cell phones, clean shoes are a Power Accessory". 

Yeah, but nobody talks at places like the shoe shine parlour.  That brings up another problem.  Say you are in a target rich environment.  I'm not one to walk up to someone and start a conversation.  I always figured if a guy was interested, he'd approach me.  I guess I'm too insecure to just walk up to a gentleman and start a conversation.  And how do you begin?  What do you say?  Maybe I just need some good opening lines to get the ball rolling?????   What do you say to a guy so that he doesn't feel uncomfortable with you "hitting" on him or so that you don't look like a complete desperate fool? 

December 7, 2005, 4:44 pm CST

Love Smart

Wow-I was pretty hopeful after seeing the show.  Reading some of these posts has me a little afraid of what's out there.  I'm a widowed mom of three young children-oldest is 11.  I'd like advice on how to meet someone when I have kids in tow, pretty much all the time. The majority of my time is spent in carpool to school, dance, soccer or church.  My church singles class is either college students or senior adutls, very senior.  As for the ladies who complain about not having met a man yet.  I met my husband when I was 28, had our first child when I was 30 and he passed away when I was 39.  I waited for the right man and met the perfect person. We complimented each other in every way.   We had the normal everyday problems,(money, in-laws, chore sharing) but I could still look across the room at him and feel like the luckiest woman in the world.   

After three years of healing from his loss, I 'm ready to have a relationshop like that again.   

December 7, 2005, 4:47 pm CST

OVER 40

How about something like this for the older people?

December 7, 2005, 4:48 pm CST

Some one for everyone.

Quote From: dr_joy

Must be a sign from God -- my first message didn't post. Oh well. According to Dr. Phil's guidelines, there is no man who would want me that I would want, since men intimidated by strong women, and I can't respect a man as a romantic partner, who has less ability than I have, and has done less than I have, especially since I feel like I've only done 1/10th of my potential ....  Thank you Dr. Phil, for helping me realize that I will be single the rest of my life (I guess I better find a good deal on batteries for my BOB! (smile) .....

I am sorry that is what you took from the episode.  It is important to remember that such statements are a statistical majority and that there are always exceptions to the rule.  I speak from experience.  My husband chose a carrier in the Navy and therefore was attracted to me in large part because I am a strong and independent person.  The peace of mind that it offered him knowing that I was capable of managing everything at home made his time away much easier.  I’m not suggesting that you should run out find a sailor but there are many men that are in a situation where a strong partner is a desirable factor.    

December 7, 2005, 4:48 pm CST

i stroungly agree!!

Quote From: joiel75

Maybe all of the love tips and places to meet men work for people in cities but you obviously have never been to rural North Dakota and you have DEFINITELY NEVER tried to date in rural North Dakota.  It's a challenge that is next to impossible!!!
 i am also a ND native and there are not many places to find any  MR Right. The only place to meet guys in this area are pretty much the bars and i for one am tired of dealing with drunks. so we need more resources to find them here.

December 7, 2005, 5:07 pm CST

Can't believe this

Dr. Phil,  

I can't believe you missed including the a large and growing portion of this population - those of us (Men and women) over 60.  Thanks for the exclusion.  I now know who you are thinking of.  This is not the first time but more the rule than the exception.   I continue to be ever so disappointed.    We were not included in The First Wives Club and few of other things and certainly not in Lovre Smart.  We  (women) have the most financial power in the population and are the most  ignored and  forgotten.  We are older NOT dead! 

xrhae 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last