Message Boards

Topic : 05/06 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 2

Number of Replies: 257
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 01, 2009, 10:09:41 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Four families tired of the fighting, yelling, chaos and conflict in their home move into The Dr. Phil House. Dr. Phil puts them to work right away with exercises and assignments that encourage the children to open up and the parents to confront their own mistakes. After hearing each other’s frustrations, will the parents wake up to what they’re doing wrong? One mom turns the camera on her daughter to show her bad behavior, but Dr. Phil sees something even more troubling. Are you making this common discipline mistake? If you knew you could be scarring your child for life, would you want to know? Tune in and learn how to parent your tween or teen in a way that will make him or her happy, secure and successful! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 6, 2009, 1:43 pm CDT

Davia's mom

Quote From: rxfotogirl

I agree, that woman is terrible.  You can see in that poor little girl's eyes that all she wants is her mom to love her!
I'm a mom of four and her mother needs to shut up. Not only is she abusive, she seems mentally unstable. Watching her scream for five minutes made me want to jump through the tv and strangle her! Pick on someone your own size lady!

May 6, 2009, 1:43 pm CDT

05/06 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 2

Quote From: rxfotogirl

I agree, that woman is terrible.  You can see in that poor little girl's eyes that all she wants is her mom to love her!
I am so feeling what is being said above. I was coming here to post the same thing. I am glad it is being said already. Dr. Phil PLEASE help little  Davia (((((hugs)))))) to that poor girl :(

May 6, 2009, 1:44 pm CDT

Emotionally Retarded and Abusive Mother

I have watched the Dr. Phil show for years but this is the first time I have written a message. I was sickened by the video of that so-called 'mother' of Davia's verbally abusing that poor girl. What an emotionally retarded and abusive woman she is. ALL of her children should be taken away from her until she gets the help that she desperately needs. Obviously she was abused herself at some point and is an extremely angry woman. This is not the first time a mother has turned on one of her children, while seemingly being a good parent to other offspring. I am the mother of two girls and I am not perfect, I realize people say and do things that they don't really mean sometimes. This, however, was disgusting. I have seen enough segments of that horrible woman to know that this was not just an isolated incident. If Davia acts badly it's because of how she has been abused and neglected. She's desperately begging for her mother's love. I hope that woman gets the help she needs for the sake of Davia.

May 6, 2009, 1:46 pm CDT

Poor Davia

Please Dr. Phil help this poor girl. This Mother is so abusive and Child protective services needs to be called in. She is learning how to defend herself. It is called survival for this poor girl, Yes maam, you are the one with the problem. The Mom is the only one with drama. The only one performing for the camera. God she needs help

May 6, 2009, 1:46 pm CDT

Davia

I agree with everyone that feels sorry fro Davia. Who is the parent in this situation? Her mother is a complete bully. this poor girl needs loved. No wonder she acts out, not even a hug from her own mother???  Calling her a bitch several times today on the show?? I cried just seeing this poor girl. Already at an awkward stage in life and doesn't even have love from her own mother. My stomach is in knots over this. My heart goes out to Davia. we call kids "kids" for a reason. If they acted like we do we would call them adults. This mother needs some serious therapy.

May 6, 2009, 1:47 pm CDT

Had to sound off on Davia's "mother"

I was horrified when I saw and heard what Davia's mother had to say and how she acted.  I wasn't registered on Dr. Phil's site until today.  That little girl acted so calm and collected when her mother went crazy, I was very impressed with her and absolutely disgusted with the mom.  What a selfish person!  Oh, it makes me angry  and I've read what others have been saying - I just had to vent my frustration somewhere.

May 6, 2009, 1:48 pm CDT

dAVIAS

Quote From: ally19

Children usually behave how they do because of their parents, so yes it is usually the parents fault.

OH MY GOD I WANTED TO REACH THROUGH MY TELEVISION SCREEN AND GRABB THAT YOUNG LADY AND GIVE HER A LOVE THAT SHE NEEDED AT THE TIME . PLEASE HELP THIS FAMILY OUT!!!! THIS MOTHER IS GONE. YOU DONT CALL YOUR CHILD A BITCH AND TELL HER YOU HAVE NO EMOTIONS FOR HER .

May 6, 2009, 1:48 pm CDT

I may not be perfect, but atleast I'm not Tammie.

I will be a new mother in less than a week and I could NEVER imagine treating my son the way Tammie treats Davia. It just broke my heart to see Tammie mocking and taunting her, who is the 11-year-old and who is the mother? You should never call your child names, especially not a bitch. I have such frustration. I hope Dr. Phil puts her in her place. It seems to me that Tammie is unwilling to accept responsibility for her poor choices as a mother and Davia suffers for her mothers bitter attitude towards the world. Who REALLY hates their child because she needs love? Why would Tammie deliberately repeat "this is my last option"? What kind of message is that sending to Davia? All Davia wants is to be loved and I think Tammie is just doing her best to make Davia as miserable as she is. Grow up Tammie. 

May 6, 2009, 1:49 pm CDT

05/06 How to Be a Better Parent, Part 2

I just want to say Tammie is a horrible mother!! I have a child Davia's age and I wouldn't dream of treating them with such disrespect!! I will take Davia if she doesn't want her. Shame on you Tammie!!

May 6, 2009, 1:50 pm CDT

Dear Davia's Mom

I wanted to share I was listening to the show today while working on my computer. I was not watching the t.v. but was listening. I heard Davia's Mom get louder n louder n more hateful towards her daughter. It was ironic she was demonstrating the same behaviour she was attacking her daughter for. I was shocked she never put herself in check. Does anyone expect communication in this type of hostile situation. It breaks my heart for children to witness this behaviour from their own parents n whats worse putting the guilt on themselves because of it.

I pray your family gets the help u need to be more effectively communicating for yours and your daughters sake.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last