Message Boards

Topic : 11/19 Shoplifting Confessions

Number of Replies: 144
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 14, 2008, 03:17:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As the nation suffers through an economic meltdown, many Americans resort to drastic measures to keep their families afloat. Just how far would you go to stay in the black? Laura and her husband, Allen, say they’ve made nearly $1 million in the last six years. There’s just one problem –- they don’t have jobs! Self-proclaimed professional shoplifters, the couple says they travel across state lines to steal TVs, toys, electronics and more –- and they often take their three young children along on their heists. They videotape themselves to show Dr. Phil how they get away with nabbing big-ticket items. Do Laura and Allen just get a thrill from thievery, or are they kleptomaniacs? Can the couple quit for good before they get arrested and lose their children? Then, Tami and Chris have a beautiful house, three cars and two children. But Tami says her husband is shattering their idyllic home life with his shoplifting addiction. She says he’s been arrested four times and was recently sentenced to 90 days in state prison. Chris joins Dr. Phil via satellite from jail to tell his side of the story. Find out why he says he can’t stop stealing, but when he hears his 4-year-old daughter's emotional plea, will he change his mind? And, Tami’s mom, Marilyn, calls Chris a pathological liar and says her daughter needs to kick him to the curb. Is Chris beyond redemption? Will he be able to clean up his act? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 20, 2008, 1:17 pm CST

11/19 Shoplifting Confessions

Quote From: ffffffffffff

Dr. Phil:

Yes, this economy SUCKS!!!

Yes, I am SICK AND TIRED of being "house poor", just able to stay afloat!  I WILL NOT TOLERATER this type of living!!!

When my money isn't enough I gotta make it count for two, three, sometimes four times the value of what it's worth!!!

I've stolen bicycles (from the Big name stores, of course, NEVER individual persons!)

I've stolen my prescription medications when my electric bill was too high and I had no choic e...

I panhandle like a creep, netting five hundred dollars every month average.

Yes, I'm "living wealthy in the ghetto!"  'Cause the Ghetto is still in my blood!

There's nopthing to do in this town so I LOVE to spray paint and break windows.

I'm maing the best of my life.  There's nothing else to do in this godforsaken city IT SUCKS!!!  And so does this living...

Is this a joke or a serious post? I can't tell1

November 20, 2008, 1:18 pm CST

Quote From: BrianX29

One thing about shoplifting is that if you shoplift and you get caught at it, then you need to find something else to do because your obviously not very good at it. I think if I was a professional shoplifer. The last place I would want to be is on the Dr. Phil show or on National Television to confess about it.
It seemed more like bragging to me. Why were those two idiots even on the show? To line up customers for his "factory direct" on-line resale business? Why would I buy something he bought factory direct? When I could buy it factory direct myself? And know I wasn't buying stolen goods? That's how I ordered my Dyson vacuum cleaner.  They might as well turn their three kids over to CPS and go to jail. After being on national TV, no store would even let them on the premises. And, who would hire them? Not me. I'd be afraid they'd rob me blind.

November 20, 2008, 1:28 pm CST

You're joking, right?

Quote From: cristy0435

Dr Phil is not a police officer and can not really make this man or anyone else stop shop lifting. All he can do is give them the counceling and the help they need to stop.

No he' s not a police officer so he doens't need to arrest these people himself, but he should have the police or FBI in the wings waiting to arrest them when they walk off the stage.  They committed multiple federal crimes and I am appauled with how they were treated on the show.

November 20, 2008, 1:30 pm CST

heres what might happen sad to say but true

they might do some jail time.. but most likely will get hired by some Major Company getting paid an enormous amount of money to be security and theft prevention analyists, because this is america,

but yes my first thought was how can you bring your kids and do that i was uphauled, when i was younger, i had a paper route and went into a grocery store with the bag on.. and stole a snickers candy bar. the manager saw me and on my way out.. pulled me off to the side and asked me to go to the back where he asked if my bag was extra heavy.. i totaly lost it right there,, shaking crying admiting it ,he called my dad, dad got me home and did the ole "this is goin to hurt me more than it will you" i got the hiding of my life, never stole a thing again in my life, if i dont have the money for it i either wait till i do or i do with out. most of the time i make sure my kids and wife have food and clothing first. i have some socks that are almost as old as my 9 yr old son.. but i digress yes they should have there kids taken away from them put in jail with pictures behind glass of there kids so they cant scratch off the images of what they threw away by doing what they are doing, not that i want to see the kids get put into a foster home or other such place, butyes sadly they will probably get great paying jobs as theft prevention analyists.

November 20, 2008, 1:31 pm CST

Quote From: fwrinkledsoles

I don't see what the problem is with these people who are stealing because this is the nature of this country.  When Western Europeans left Europe they were thieves.  The rich had those people to steal other people land or they knew to get rich were to steal other stuff and things from up and down the Atlantic Ocean, east side and west side at gun point, which is robbery. kidnapping and burglary.  In India too, and every place the Western European went they stole, killed, lied, rape, and force Innocent people to work in the name of their God, who they calm to be the greatest God on God green earth.  Wake up!

On what I see about this show is these people are real American and not in dark about their behavior.  More power to them at least they admit it.  Well, if we go to work or get a job in the west it is all stolen money.  Wake up and learn some real truth about your history.

Wake up, middle to upper middle call white america.  Just think, if is wasn't for your forefather your sorry butts wouldn't be in the so-called good situation you think you are in as a so-called middle to upper middle dumb-americam.  Open your eyes and see the BEAST. 

If you're so ashamed of the USA, why don't you leave?

November 20, 2008, 1:44 pm CST

Quote From: angelrn86

The first couple need to do some serious jail time.  There stealing 100,000 dollars a year, and can't afford  a sitter for their children?  They are too busy using them to steal, and teaching them their bad habits.  The economy is bad enough without idiots like them stealing billions of dollars in goods a year.  Let's see how much he laughs when he is in a federal prison, and not at home sitting on his duff not working like the rest of us.  They should both go to prison one at a time, so their children have a parent at home.  Put them on a chain gang, (if they still exist) or somewhere they can do hard time.!!!  Both of them need to grow up, and get a REAL life.  Did they really not know what they were doing was a big deal?!  Give me a break.
You say Laura and Allen are too busy using their children to steal, and teaching them their bad habits. Yet, you think they should go to prison one at a time, so their children can have a parent at home? You must have missed Allen bragging about how his oldest child, who is only four-years-old is already starting to steal things. As someone else had already replied, Laura and Allen need to rot in the federal pen while their children are raised in a decent home where they'll be taught to work for their money. Not, steal it from you and me.

November 20, 2008, 2:02 pm CST

Shop lifter remorse

In short, there is none. It's all about ego. They want to prove to you that they are smarter than the system. The only thing is, if no one knows it then there is no gratification. The biggest ego trip is coming on the show and letting there faces be exposed. That is idiotic...what gall they have. I hope they get what they deserve, which is the attention they crave, but from the authorities. Those poor innocent kids...they deserve better.

November 20, 2008, 3:42 pm CST

Go Dr. Phil

I was thankful that Dr. Phil did not offer to help the first couple on this episode.  I honestly think the only reason they contact him was in hopes he could get them out of their troubles.  They were not remorseful and seemed boastful.  I think they understood the gravity of their situation only after Dr. Phil had the security expert explain what they are facing.  One million dollars and seven years later, they deserve the punishment of their federal offenses.

November 20, 2008, 4:04 pm CST

Quote From: carame

I am an African American woman, and I live here in Columbus, OH, and every where I go there are several caucasion men and women watching me. All because of a man who I didn't want or like wanted me 8 eight years ago lied on me claiming I was trouble, then said I had stolen something from a store, from there it has been madness. Authorities everywhere, follow me. Trust me, I live a boring lifestyle.

What gets me, this has become a dominoe affect, because one person told another then another and the lie carried on. Some people realize it's a lie, but others insist on harassing me like a fool. By the way, I don't know any of these people following me, making rude remarks. People are so gullable.

There is too much crime going on here in Columbus for authorities, people in this town to be following me everywhere I go like I'm a criminal. Then I watch this story, they are on TV, and the one man 32 years only in jail 5 times. And they're are not being treated like me! This makes me mad.

....you mean to tell me that "some man" has so much power, vengeance, and authority that he was able to turn the entire caucasian community of Colombus Ohio against you for not wanting to date him EIGHT YEARS AGO???? To the point that the authorities that are paid with taxpayer dollars forego protecting the streets in Columbus just to follow you around....for EIGHT YEARS???

Pardon my skepticism and sarcasm, it's just that I've never met anyone before that had an entire city, much less one of the largest metropolitan areas in America, rotating around them as you claim you do.

Also, can you see how spiteful it is of you to wallow in self pity because you THINK the man on tv doesn't have it as bad as you. Only....how can you conclude that? He's in jail, and he's been separated from his kids which means justice is being served through our court system. So I need to ask--- Exactly what type of "justice" is it that you are wanting here? How is this unfair "to you?"

absurd.

November 21, 2008, 6:04 am CST

I don't know but.....

Quote From: rebafox

This couple should have been taken right off the stage and put in JAIL!!!!!!!   What they did was to laugh in the face of authority and the laws we have in this country. They shoukd have to go to jail for a long time!!!!!!
Maybe they were carted off to jail after the show.    I doubt the Dr. Phil show would actually televise the cops coming on stage (or in the audience) and arresting the thieving couple.    I'm sure Dr. Phil somehow got involved that way and the cops will be arresting that couple if it didn't happen after the show.   What is in the best interest of the children ----- them being taken from their thieving parents and put in a home where they can be taught good morals....  if that 4 year old is already starting to steal....

Another thing  === if they can't "afford a babysitter" and have to steal to make money etc - why the hell are they having more children???   They have a 4 year old a 2 year old and a 1 year old...

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last