Message Boards

Topic : 07/15 Is There a Predator in the House?

Number of Replies: 282
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:12:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As a parent, you’re likely to be concerned about sexual predators who could potentially gain access to your child. But what if you suspected a child molester were living under the same roof as your child or grandchild? Dr. Phil tackles the stories of two concerned moms. Donna became suspicious when her daughter, Dianna, started living with Scott, a registered sex offender. Donna claims her 3-year-old grandson started having nightmares, screaming out, "Stop, Scott!" so she called Child Protective Services. Dianna says her mom is lying and that her mother just wants Scott out of the picture. Are Donna’s concerns justified? Because of his criminal record, is any child with whom Scott lives at risk? Then, follow the heart-wrenching tale of a mother torn between the two people she loves most. Maryl’s 13-year-old daughter accused her stepfather of sexually abusing her. Maryl chose to believe her husband, called her daughter a pathological liar and sent her to live in foster care. Now, she wonders if she has made the biggest mistake of her life. Find out what has Maryl now convinced that her daughter’s stories of abuse were true, and decide for yourself: Who’s lying? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 5, 2008, 11:23 am CDT

i'm this girl

this is......awkward. sitting here, reading all these things that people speculate about this 14 year old girl.  I was her. Not theorietically or as a metaphor in any way...all you people are talking about me. I'm grateful that Dr.Phil never had my name mentioned on this show, in fact I didn't know anything about it until I went back home to visit last weekend. My cousins told me about the show and asked me to read it. So, I've sat here and read the show and all the comments.


If the show had been completely about what happened 8 years ago, then the extent of what went on at the party should have been discussed further.  A lot of the possibilities to how things ended up as they did that night rang a little true...others not at all.


For those of you who thought I had no personal responsibility in what happened you're quite a bit off the mark.


i'm not here to share or give details, I just don't appreciate being thought of as some kid who was allowed to do whatever she wanted and have no cares about blaming someone else for her actions. And, I am not an 'eternal' victim. I've been married almost 5yrs now, and my wonderful husband and i have two beautiful children whom we adore. (yes they're rotten sometimes, I'm not blind, but we love them and care for them. I'm as well adjusted as I'll ever be and life is good)

December 15, 2008, 7:45 am CST

money and power

Quote From: mgar54

The point is not that we want to turn off the tv, it's just a lot of us realize now  (a little too late ) that being bombarded with Predatory and Nuclear Threatitus has it's own agenda and is not in the best interest of the people.  If you own a private prison or you're on the a-list to get some of the contracts from us being involved in a war, you're set.  But if by chance you're just a regular joe, you won't understand untill it's too late.  I love children and my country, but having experienced the unhidden truths to the 'The Predator Is Coming' Scare and having did some research on the subject and gotten a better idea of what is real and what is moneymaking !  I am indifferent to any more information on this subject from the media without some correction and truths.  Besides if you really want to protect children get involved in their lives and pay attention to them.  90% of the problem can be immproved tremendously that way, the other 10% will probably never change.  The experts know this but will never say it in a serious way because they would lose too much money.  Don't you realize it's all about the money and power?

I finally read your comment on what I said....................I know you are right too!! MONEY AND POWER IS IT! Isn't that what most everything is about these days? Even when CPS Takes children to adopt to foster's all about the money and the power. The CPS Worker has power over the families and the federal money the state gets for each child adopted to the foster families and also the CPS Worker keeps her job going longer so that means more money for her. YEAH MONEY AND POWER!  
First | Prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next Page | Last Page