Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2007, 7:09 am CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: cutie87

Not that im trying to defend enza, but Im sure Enza did not do any of that stuff because all of that stuff about her was posted. The whole show was prerecorded months ago. Just to let you know!

Okay, I'm sure now that Enza  must be reading these posts, that would explain the calm sweet, "I just want to help", persona she is now trying to portray, how swet of her to reach a fourteen year old how to use a knife and fork, how well she looked in her conservative suit, I thought I would GAG, I really don't think she's fooling ANYONE.

Sure I get THAT, I'm not naive enough to think they're doing this LIVE, but this message board hasn't been up for months, so she wouldn't have been able to read the negativity before now could she ?  When the show was taped, no one knew or cared who she was did they ?

January 23, 2007, 7:15 am CST

Quote From: cutie87

Not that im trying to defend enza, but Im sure Enza did not do any of that stuff because all of that stuff about her was posted. The whole show was prerecorded months ago. Just to let you know!

Okay, I'm sure now that Enza  must be reading these posts, that would explain the calm sweet, "I just want to help", persona she is now trying to portray, how swet of her to reach a fourteen year old how to use a knife and fork, how well she looked in her conservative suit, I thought I would GAG, I really don't think she's fooling ANYONE.

OOPS sorry, another cup of coffee might straighten my head out, jumped where I shouldn't.

You're right, but I still think she's reading them, or at least I kida hope she is, but it seems strange to me, that suddenly she's being so sweet and endearing, I still want to gag, but I concur and I will admit when I'm wrong, so I hope you can disregard my reply to you.

January 23, 2007, 8:15 am CST

Can Enza reply on this board?

What goes through a brain like Enza's? This is what I think goes through it.......Is my angle just right? Is my hair just perfect? Does my lipstick match my pajamas? Is the camera catching all my body languge? Does everyone see me and love me? I am so perfect! How can I make everyone else look their worst, so I look better? Oh my gosh, I am the center of the universe !!!!!!!

Here is what goes through my brain when I see Enza...... Selfish, scheming, narcissistic, and calculating. Good attention ,or bad attention, just make sure Enza gets all the attention.

Alex is left in all the destruction. The program that Alex is going to sounds wonderful, and we all pray for her. I am sure she will come out with all the tools she needs to make a new life.

Is there a facility for Enza? Or a restaining order? I read the postings that say how important an Aunt is. Well, find a different Aunt then! Grandama, stick up for your self, Kim, learn all that you can from the help Dr Phil is giving you, Enza, go away, far far away. . . . .

January 23, 2007, 8:48 am CST

Get rid of Enza!

Enza is brainwashing  Alex to keep her from getting close to her Mom on any level! Prayers to Kim and Alex!

January 23, 2007, 9:38 am CST

(Oops... I accidentally posted this on the 1/8 show board before. I was wondering why there weren't any new posts since yesterday :) )

Ok... this was just... bizarre.

So... Dr. Phil shows Enza the error of her ways, and she's immediately contrite. So far, so good.

And she really, truly, from the bottom of her heart, wants Kim to be happy?

What???

That makes no sense.

And the really weird thing is... I think Enza is really, truly trying. The way she behaved toward Alex after that was actually, you know... sane.

But what's all this about how she really wants Kim to be happy, and they've been through a lot together? Umm...

And how exactly is anything Jeannette's fault? She never says anything! How can anything be her fault if she's invisible, mute, and inconsequential?

I am really confused.

On the other hand, I'm glad to see that Alex is getting away from all of this for a while. I don't think it's particularly fair that they didn't give her, say, a day to get used to the idea, but I suppose they probably know what they're doing better than I do.

January 23, 2007, 10:12 am CST

Be more angry at the mom!

How SADLY FUNNY. Everyone's more upset with the loud, annoying, meddling aunt and NOT THE MOTHER who raised this poor teen!

It's no wonder kids are a mess these days. Society apparently supports poor parenting and would rather throw stones at an outsider (in this case, the aunt). Yeah, the aunt is not good for the teen, but the MOTHER is a loser who shouldn't raise chickens!

Too bad mothers who allow 10-yr-olds to have sex (and deal w/ it by getting her birth control) can't be locked up and FORCED to take parenting classes while getting mental health help (along w/ going to AA). Anyone actually surprised this sad teen is the way she is? ...Dad is absent and Mom is her "friend" who drinks, allows 10-yr-olds to have sex, brings men into the house, sets few rules, is ANTAGNONISTIC and in her daughter's face and can't seem to put her daughter first.

Yep, the aunt needs to go, but THE MOTHER is where your anger should be placed. Mom is responsible for caring her this teen and raising her well. Mom has failed miserably!

January 23, 2007, 10:13 am CST

Boo Hiss Boo Hiss

Quote From: wintrywood

Didn't Kim say she choose to be a single mother?  Maybe she was artificially inseminated. 

Geesh, imagine that....another selfish choice on the part of the lousy mother. Who would have thunk it?!

January 23, 2007, 10:18 am CST

Enza is NOT what caused this

Quote From: vncnza

Enza needs Anger management!  She has some real underlying issues that need to be addressed, kim and Alex are just the rocks that get all her abuse.  Alex and Kim need to find ways to begin mending fences and healing.

Geesh, mom needs to get HELP with parenting, alcoholism and other things before any "fences' can be mended or "healing" can take place.

The aunt didn't cause these problems. She may contribute to them, but she's not the cause. Mom has MAJOR issues and years of living w/ her have led her sad teen to be where she is today.

Kim is to blame for all of this since she's the one responsible for raising her child and keeping her emotionally and physically healthy. It just amazes me how BLAMELESS posters think the mother is...which is why the teen will NEVER get better. Mom has to step up to the plate and take reponsiblity before anything can change for the better.

Take Enza out of the picture and you still have a lousy mom and a messed up teen!

January 23, 2007, 10:22 am CST

"Mother" is too good for Kim

Quote From: kec132

maybe it is time - too many are using Enza as teh scapegoat - including Kim - helpless little Kim who has moved from blaming Enza to now blaming Grandma Jeanette - gee - that leaves only Alex for Kim to blame.
Amen. The common denominator in all of this is KIM. And it's the mother's job to raise her child, especially since dad is not in the picture. Enza didn't cause all these problems that started YEARS ago. Only Kim can fix her relationship w/ her daughter. Only Kim can learn to parent her daughter. Enza is a sideshow and a distraction that should be stopped, but Kim is the problem that must be fixed before Alex can get healthy!

January 23, 2007, 10:26 am CST

Kim....You go Girl!

It is very rare I get on message boards and post, however this situation has brought up so much inside of me. 

I too, deal with a difficult teenager.  Being the mother already makes me the enemy.  I don't think Kim is so bad.  I think Enza is hurting the situation so bad and doing nothing but egging the girl on to hate her own mother. 

Often while watching this show, I just wanted to do Kim the favor and slap this demon!  Enza does not have a clue on what being in Kims shoes is all about.

I have dealt with people like Enza throughout many years of raising my own difficult teenager.

I think what Kim really needs is a friend to help her with the emotional drainage that this situation is bringing to her.  A friend who does not judge.

As for the girl, I think she will eventually find her own way.  She is very beautiful and hopefully will come out of all this fine. 

One thing I have learned is unless a teenager wants the help, the help is useless!  It would be great if she is sincere in herself and really would like to attempt a new way of life. 

First | Prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next | Last