Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 10:10 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: nixhex

Enza appears to be a very manipulative person. She hated Kim until she got caught trashing her to Alex. Now she's trying to act compassionate toward Kim in order to drive a wedge between her and Grandma. I can't imagine she'll have many friends left after this. I wouldn't want someone like her as a friend!  

oh my goddness - you mean the mother that raised the girl for all these years has been helpless to proeprly raise her daughter - and she keeps sending her daughter off to teh aunt's becasue its no good for her??

Oh dear - oh dear - what's a mother to do --- oh wait - maybe perhaps raise her daughter properly for once and get off the booze and pay attention instead of expecting grandma jeanette to do it for her??

Sheesh - come on now -- all this blaming everything on Enza is rather foolish when mommy-dearest isn't taking much responsibility - before or now.

January 22, 2007, 10:12 pm CST

Quote From: dingbat_29

please dr phil dont do this to people who beleive in you ,get enza off the show
maybe it is time - too many are using Enza as teh scapegoat - including Kim - helpless little Kim who has moved from blaming Enza to now blaming Grandma Jeanette - gee - that leaves only Alex for Kim to blame.

January 22, 2007, 10:15 pm CST

Quote From: shoyt_2001

Enza should be banned from the house.   They should have a restraining order to keep her away from the Grandmother, Mother and Daughter.  Enza lives to create these drama situations and she cannot stop herself.  No one is safe around her because she is manipulative and will not give it up.  When the daughter returns to the mother they should move as far away from Enza as they can get. 

you know who keeps inviting her in??  Kim.  You know who keeps sending Alex to spend weekends with Enza?/ That would be Kim - again.  You know who is now blaming Jeanette but still doesn't want to have her move away? That would be Kim again.

Kim is really a trip - she's perfected functioning alcoholism down pat -- nothing is ever her fault and its someone/anyone esle's fault when something goes wrong. Gee - how convenient.

January 22, 2007, 10:33 pm CST

True

Quote From: kec132

you know who keeps inviting her in??  Kim.  You know who keeps sending Alex to spend weekends with Enza?/ That would be Kim - again.  You know who is now blaming Jeanette but still doesn't want to have her move away? That would be Kim again.

Kim is really a trip - she's perfected functioning alcoholism down pat -- nothing is ever her fault and its someone/anyone esle's fault when something goes wrong. Gee - how convenient.

Yes seems like she does keep inviting her in.

Seems like at some level she really wants Enzas approval.

I am sure there is way more to this situation than we are seeing.

January 22, 2007, 10:35 pm CST

ok

Quote From: lakerman

Just because I like Enza I AM Enza? That's jealousy if Ive ever heard it. Millions of people watch Dr.Phil and a high percentage of those read and post on these boards. Just accept not everyone shares your view on Enza. Yes she can be a drama queen but look at Kim and the Grandmother..not a lot to work with there. I dont remember one thing Enza lied about...she just used poor judgement in how she communicated.Whether you like it or not Enza is a catalist and she brings about change. Without her...this family is lost.

BRAD not Enza

Brad, I believe you, that your not Enza. Not that it really would matter.

We will have to agree to disagree. Our view points are way different. Which is ok. Your entitled to your oppion.

January 22, 2007, 10:47 pm CST

Dr. Phil, show Enza the door!

Quote From: ldingess

I can't wait to see the show Monday.   I am curious to know what Enza  is apologizing for;  her behavior on the show, her ongoing daming Kim to Alex,  brainwashing Alex to continue hating her mom, or finally Enza admitting that she has not been there for Alex as an Aunt should be instead of creating more issues and drama for Alex.  It is so obvious that Enza uses Alex to get back at Kim for whatever reasons, and that sickens me.    Actions speak louder than words and if  Enza is sincere, she'll start with a great big apology to Alex for not being there for her in the past 4 years or more and step up and start doing more positive things with her and stop the elementary bullshit with Alex,  admit that she has mishandled things about Kim and said things about  Kim to Alex that was not appropriate for her to talk about with Alex. 

Hopefully Kim can see past Enza being there and step up and admit to her real issues for the sake of her family.  I feel as long as Enza is there, Kim will continue to hold back and not be as honest with Dr. Phil and herself as she needs to be to receive the proper help!!  C'mon Kim noone cares what Enza says or thinks about you, but we do care about what you will sacrifice for your own child to get her help.  If Kim is sincere she will do what it takes for her daughter!!  We are praying for you Kim so please do the right thing.  Kim, think of it this way Enza is there for your entertainment, ignore her or just laugh at her she is a fooooool!!!!   Praying for Alex!!  We all should pray for Enza as well she needs some serious help!!      Curious to see what happens!!!

Enza really doesn't show concern for Alex, she has her own agenda.  Alex needs her mother and grandmother, not a buddy as Enza is trying to be!  Enza is battling to control the entire situation and everyone involved.   What's her motive in coming between Alex and Kim?  REGARDLESS..... of Kim's parenting skills and Enza's opinion, she is the mother.... not Enza. Most of us only have one mother and Alex and Kim need each other to heal (without negative outside influence).  Enza wants to destroy and cause division, how sad.  Her presence is distructive for Kim, Alex, and Jeanette.  Teen daughters also need a father figure in their life....so where is her father?  Can Enza explain where her brother is, and shouldn't she  blame him equally and point the finger at him as well?  I only watched one hour of the show and Enza had me frazzled.  They need to keep her away from Kim as well....Enza is nothing more than a know it all, BULLY!

January 22, 2007, 10:52 pm CST

where is the real problem????

I agree with alot of you and your opinion about the aunt Enza! I do think she is a drama queen who feeds on attention and always has to have a crisis to survive!  One thing I do know is that this relationship between mother and daughter has to start with MOTHER!! Kim needs to step up to the plate take a stand, know with every fiber of her being that this relationship between her and her daughter is worth fighting for, she will loose this beautiful girl FOR-EVER! if she does not accept responsiblity for what has happend in the past, get aunt Enza and grandmother to not play such an crucial role in her daughters well being, because when all is said and done, Kim is the one who will have to answer to a higher power when it all comes crashing down!!!  Kim do what you have to do, stop making excuses, fix yourself right now, so that you and only you begin to heal the hurt that your daughter is feeling, It is YOU!! that she will seek love, attention, approval from, you are the one at the end of the day that she  will want to have as her friend and most of all her MOTHER!!  hang in there everyone, I sure would not want to wake up every day and face what this family has too!!! I have my own DRAMA! to live through!!!

January 22, 2007, 11:01 pm CST

Quote From: shermell

Yes seems like she does keep inviting her in.

Seems like at some level she really wants Enzas approval.

I am sure there is way more to this situation than we are seeing.

I  haven't seen where  Kim has blamed the  Grandma.  She said she felt  she should be the authority figure. Enza has instigated  this rift between Mom and Grandma.  The Aunt enjoys causing trouble  and revels in being in every scene on the show. She smiles when she has everyone worked up. I believe that the Kim has made major mistakes that she need to own up to. She's going to have to work hard and change a lot to get back what she and Alex have lost.  I believe she loves her daughter and they can get through this .  Enza switched from years of assaulting Kim to the Grandma in a heartbeat.  I haven't gotten a handle on Grandma yet.  But as a sidebar ' notice how the only one ever doing anything in the house is Kim (dishes, cleaning up after supper, folding laundry)'.  The rest of the house just sits and watches.  

January 23, 2007, 12:01 am CST

from sable, mental illness

Quote From: campers97

my 15 year old son suffers from autistic spectrum disorder,which may lead to schizophrenia

the school has mainstreamed him but now high school is not only a challenge but very scary,as hes heading tward a rough school..you are not alone.,god only gives special children to special people..keep your head high..my nightmares have been very real,but if you have a tough time imagine what the children face..my son goes to school every day being picked on and when he says something or acts out guess whos sent home?Just hang in there god bless and know your not alone out there...i hope you recieve the help your looking for..

It is ironic, that the day after I wrote this my son ended up in the hospital again. I was called by an ajency that I had got involved with him that helps our family cope and helps him with jail deversion programs and helps inform the other agencys involved with his care a young adult. They also make sure everything that can be done is. It is a sort of relief that they can help and is one of the best things I have been able to do to help him and us. Of course there is only so much they can do and much of what goes on depends on my Sons actions. He is being asked to leave his present apartment because of the many problems  he has caused in such a short period of time. I would love to know if there are places for our our adult children who really need for their own safety  to be in some sort of resdential treatment center on a perminant basis. There is not this kind of program anymore as far as I know because of the trend that shut donw many  places that had abuse situations going on. Great, I agrea, but now What? There is simply put people who llike my  son should be in something like that in a better place of course. There are none. I have researched it and although the local agencys have tried their best and then some , great  help is needed. I hope t hat you get some much needed help for  your son. Thanks for writing.

January 23, 2007, 12:15 am CST

Things You might want to know!

Wow!  this whole thing is very surprising... i have alot of hope for alex, She has a good heart and shes still very young to change. Remember its never too late. We all have to understand where this behavior is coming from (lack of attention, lack of love, support). The fact of not having the father figure there in her household or better yet not there for her or her brother since they were younger has really taken its toll on her and her brother. The mom -kim- YEA! SURE she had her problems but that does not mean she dosent love her children or worry for them, its just that sometimes as adults we  make BIG mistakes in our lives that make us seem we dont love our children or family and we're put into so much pressure to the point where you fall into alcholism or drugs. But in Kims Case there has never been someone to support her,  no one has ever helped her EVER.. At least not from the father side TRUST ME I KNOW! As for Enza She not a bad person, she does care. As a mother to a 14 year old im sure shes had her own little exp. Maybe not bad because her daughter has ALWAYS been a great girl. But what person dosent have trouble raising a teenager. Sometimes Enza's actions just get a little over hand and make her seem as this "mean" person. She has always been dramatic and she'll stay that way. I'm sure she has good intentions she always does but they get misread. Yeah Enza is a fighter TRUST ME! She always been that way, "its her way or no way!" And yes she does need her intervention. We all need some kind of intervention. But being raised in an always fighting italian family we know where Enza gets it from. Trust me in that family 80% them dont talk to each other for stupid reasons...either its sister to brother, sister to sisters, or father to daugthers or brother to brothers, or sister in laws and the list goes on.......................... So if your asking why this is the way it is. Well it comes from the roots since they were young. As you can see its always been a problem and always will be. But as for them being bad people no! we just all have our share problems. But going back to the subject I know everything will get better and Kim will be a better mother and alex will be a better daughter it just all takes time and expirience.

Ps. Enza is related because her brother is Alex's Dad

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next | Last