Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 7:32 pm CST

To Enza

Enza...

First you try and turn your neice, Alex, against her mother.

Then you try and turn your sister, Kim, against her mother.

I truly think that you, for some reason, hate your sister and will not be happy until she is living alone. Is that your plan?

January 22, 2007, 7:34 pm CST

whole family makeover...

Single mom or not .,Kim needs to get the aunt out of the picture..How is she related anyway? Enza seems very manipulative,even when she was speaking with dr.phil,and being confronted with her tapes she seemed to say what he wanted to hear...then upon hearing she and Kim should agree to disagree,she didnt stop there,she brought up the grandma..and

is trying to stick a thorn there.I feel sorry for all three dysfunctional women..i only hope Dr.Phil can save the baby..if shes heard this childish behavior all these years,6 months is a drop in the hat to get clear of all these selfish women..her mom to begin with is a pretty woman,but you have to be a mom first..quit worring about your self ,and allowing her to see your own destructive behavior..she shouldnt catch you in the act of anything your her mom,her role model ,those years go by with your children so fast ,how can she be so selfish?ever heard of scheduling your social life around your daughter?the grandma i feel for if shes been told by her daughter to stay out of how she raises her kids,then the grandma would do better to move out..i wouldnt stay anywhere i was disrespected so much,and it may help her relationship with her her grandchildren..enza needs to get out of the family picture because her relationship with this family really bothers me,or lack of it.....

January 22, 2007, 7:43 pm CST

All kids need FATHERS!

Where are all the fathers? So many women come on the show (and other shows) with problems with their promiscuous daughters and it is rarely mentioned where the father is.

Does Alex have a father that she has any type of relationship with?  I had a father, he was 50 when I was born and was raised to work 9-5, come home and wait for dinner, then read the paper and go to bed. He was not involved in anything I did, Mom was the boss, the decision maker.  I was having sex at 14, not with several people but started at 14 with my 19yr old boyfriend. at 17, I had slept with 4 guys total. Married one of them at 18, divorced him at 20, and then got really promiscuous.  

Girls need their father to not only be present but to be involved, they need to hug their daughters and spend quality time with them .   Alex needs her father...

January 22, 2007, 7:44 pm CST

therapeutic academy

Quote From: tigressence

...what therapeutic academy was Alex sent to?  What was her reaction?

Thanks.

I'm not sure but I do remember the parent company was Aspen Education Group. Alex only seemed concerned that she had to leave that day (that would freak out anyone) but she seemed glad to get some help and change her future.

January 22, 2007, 7:50 pm CST

Teen Invervention

The devil has appeared to us in the form of Enza.  Why in the world is this young child being subjected to this evil, hateful person.  It is so obvious that Enza HATES Kim's Mom....and surely  Enza HATES Enza.  I'm only hoping that Enza does not have children.  PLEASE, .........GET HER OFF THE SHOW!

January 22, 2007, 7:50 pm CST

Dear Enza

...and why is this affair any of your business??  Butt out.

January 22, 2007, 8:02 pm CST

Flashbacks & still Flashing.....

Oh my gosh... Is there anyone out there, besides myself,  that's "seeing"their own family???   With the exception of troubles Alex has got into.    My daughter did get preg. at 16-which I handled just fine I think.    She married the daddy and now I have a wonderful 11 year old grandaughter. Thats about the only difference.... The mom is like mine,and Enza is my younger sister[9 yrs.] to a T.....  It's so unreal to sit here and have so-o-o-o many flashes going on........

January 22, 2007, 8:05 pm CST

me too.....

Quote From: annalon

Sable, I feel for you. We have similar problems. Our daughter is 21 now and refuses to take her medications.  We've been to hell and back with her for the past 7 years,  therapy, meds, hospitalization in a locked unit, special programs. We are no longer young but have realized we can never retire as all our money went for her care, etc. Insurance does not fuly cover mental illnesses. And now that she is an adult she is on her own legally and cannot be covered on her father's health insurance. She, of course, cannot afford health insurance and her jobs never offer anything. She is not incompetent. Just unwell. I understand your pain that Dr. Phil is helping others and not you. Maybe someday he'll do a show on parents of adult children with mental illness. It is painful but we must accept that their lives are out of our control and we can only be there to pick up the pieces if necessary. Don't give up on your son. It's hard, but hang in there for his sake.

my 15 year old son suffers from autistic spectrum disorder,which may lead to schizophrenia

the school has mainstreamed him but now high school is not only a challenge but very scary,as hes heading tward a rough school..you are not alone.,god only gives special children to special people..keep your head high..my nightmares have been very real,but if you have a tough time imagine what the children face..my son goes to school every day being picked on and when he says something or acts out guess whos sent home?Just hang in there god bless and know your not alone out there...i hope you recieve the help your looking for..

January 22, 2007, 8:31 pm CST

Enza impressions..

I know Enza has taken a lot of heat on this board but I must say that she is an incredibly beautiful woman, stunning in fact. I am just mesmerized by her. I trully think she cares a great deal for Alex and that a lot of this board has gotten invovled with a lot of jealousy of her. She is a passionate woman who puts her heart above pretense. I find that admirable.

Brad

January 22, 2007, 8:33 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: paintersky

I'm not sure but I do remember the parent company was Aspen Education Group. Alex only seemed concerned that she had to leave that day (that would freak out anyone) but she seemed glad to get some help and change her future.

They do amazing work, but I was hoping to learn exactly which program it was.  Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next | Last