Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2007, 10:28 am CST

They do, but won't admit it

Quote From: redhedlisa

The mom is a promiscuous alcoholic.  Doesn't anyone think the mom is 99% of the problem?!?!?!?

Becasue we as mothers don't like to believe that mothers can be the cause of their kids' problems! It's the same reason defense attys don't like a jury of women for a rape case. We women HATE to identify with victims or perpetrators. We'd rather blame the victim or someone else instead of admitting we're weak or wrong or used stupid judgement, etc.

Kim raised Alex from Day 1. Enza didn't/doesn't even live in the home. Kim helped create and nurture Alex's problems and personality. The buck stops with Mom since there's no dad around.

Enza is the SKAPEGOAT in this dysfunctional "family" and Kim LOVES IT...otherwise, who could she blame but herself? I don't understand why Dr. Phil even keeps Enza around. If she were gone, he could concentrate on the causes of Kim's problems....MOM, MOM and MOM.

January 23, 2007, 10:33 am CST

It's everyone's business to protect kids

Quote From: gbbarbie

...and why is this affair any of your business??  Butt out.

The aunt may be manipulative, angry, loud and counter-productive, but IN HER DEFENSE...if my sister-in-law were ABUSING my niece  with her poor parenting, I TOO would get involved. I'd be the first to call child protective services.

Heck, Alex was having sex with older guys at age 10! Mom went out and got her birth control; that's how she handled the STATUTORY RAPE of her daughter! I'd be calling Child Protective Services IMMEDIATELY for the sake of my young relative!

January 23, 2007, 10:38 am CST

Mom is to blame. Enza is the scapegoat!

Quote From: sarahann

The mother may not be the best mother in the world, but the aunt is toxic... I don't know what she is doing in the picture, but she needs far away from that child.

It's the mother who has raised the child DAILY, not the aunt. You can't blame the teen's problems on the aunt. Yes, the aunt is toxic, but the mother is the one resposible for her daughter's HORRIBLE problems (problems that could kill her).

The mother doesn't even come close to being a LOUSY mother. She is so far lower than that it's pathetic. She has allowed her daughter to be "raped" (under the law, that's exactly what it is...morally, too) and all she did was get birth control for her teen. She antagonizes her daughter in her face. She herself is an alcholic who brings men into the bed with her young daughter nearby. She blames everyone but HERSELF for Alex's problems.

Yes, get the aunt out of the picture IF and UNTIL she changes her destructive ways. And while you're at it, take Alex away from a woman who can't parent  and shouldn't have been allowed to have child of her own! She has RUINED this poor child who deserved to have a healthy and happy life!

January 23, 2007, 10:41 am CST

Enza*****The "seem to be" Angel

Enza loves trauma.  She will do whatever she can in her power to be the center of attention.  She DOES NOT CARE for her niece or else she would have shut up and listen and be a willing participant in mending the pain.  She abused that poor child, 14 years old, by condescending her own mother.  This is not a perfect world and we all make mistakes.  They're there for a reason and that is to resolve and go forward.  The Aunt is the problem.  SHE needs to leave.  I hope that you see this message ENZA cause you need to get a life of your own and butt out of the mother /daughter relationship, or, what's left of it because you certainly haven't help.  You're a pain in the ass.  YOU ARE NOT CARING THE LEAST FOR THIS CHILD.  YOU HAVE YOUR OWN AGENDA.  I watched 5 seconds of you and I knew exactly what you were all about.  YOU'RE A DRAMA QUEEN AND YOU LOVE ATTENTION AND GOSSIP.  Personnally, the mother makes more sense than you do.  No one is perfect and she is getting the help.  You on the other hand, don't know when to shut up and mind your own business...

Julie

Ottawa, Ontario

January 23, 2007, 10:49 am CST

Hey... be real

Quote From: flthomcat

It's the mother who has raised the child DAILY, not the aunt. You can't blame the teen's problems on the aunt. Yes, the aunt is toxic, but the mother is the one resposible for her daughter's HORRIBLE problems (problems that could kill her).

The mother doesn't even come close to being a LOUSY mother. She is so far lower than that it's pathetic. She has allowed her daughter to be "raped" (under the law, that's exactly what it is...morally, too) and all she did was get birth control for her teen. She antagonizes her daughter in her face. She herself is an alcholic who brings men into the bed with her young daughter nearby. She blames everyone but HERSELF for Alex's problems.

Yes, get the aunt out of the picture IF and UNTIL she changes her destructive ways. And while you're at it, take Alex away from a woman who can't parent  and shouldn't have been allowed to have child of her own! She has RUINED this poor child who deserved to have a healthy and happy life!

I agree that the mother may not be the major positive exemple but the Aunt is definitly abusing this poor child and we'll do anything to cause a fight in front of that poor kid.  What the hell...???  Use your logic.  Yes the mother is not the best exemple but the aunt is far worst.  The gossip against the mother to the daughter...???  What is that???  They're getting help.  That's the reason that they're there.  Don't tell me that you've never done anything in your life that you could be ashamed of.  This is not a perfect world but clearly the mother wants to make the relationship between herself and her daughter better.  They are seeking help.  That is a major step. 

January 23, 2007, 10:51 am CST

I agree so much with you moonglo2go

I guess this common sense comes from maturity.  I feel the same way you do.

January 23, 2007, 11:02 am CST

I changed my mind

The the intervention #2, I thought people were being too hard on Enza. Maybe, they saw her for what she is.

When I saw her trying to stir up trouble between Kim and her mother I started seeing her in a different light. She is a very hostile person.

January 23, 2007, 11:29 am CST

Can you tell me where

There has been some posting about Kim's drinking. Where did it say she had a drinking problem? Has she been in treatment? Or, do the tee-totallers think that anyone who has a cocktail has a drinking problem? What is the story here?

As for those judgementals who are stating that Kim messed up her daughter-I have a friend who raised five children. My friend and her husband are Mormons. They do not drink or smoke. They have a nice home and a good income. He makes enough that she could stay home and raise her children. Their second daughter did exactly the same things Alex did with the addition of being an alcoholic by age 14.

This was quite painful for my friend. She suffered a lot for it. If they were doing anything wrong they weren't aware of it. My friend should not be condemned and maybe Kim shouldn't either.

Enza's treatment of Kim toward the end of the show was bullying, demeaning and certainly not loving. I have changed my mind about her. She is toxic.

As for Kim letting Alex stay with her aunt on weekends - she probably did not know what Enza was really like. She was probably Alex's favorite aunt because she was young and maybe she groomed Alex like a predator does.

January 23, 2007, 11:39 am CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: redhedlisa

The mom is a promiscuous alcoholic.  Doesn't anyone think the mom is 99% of the problem?!?!?!?

Actually, all we really know is that Kim has admitted to having a problem with binge drinking on the weekends.

Other than that, we don't know anything other than what we've seen on the screen.

The only reason any of us viewers thinks that Kim is promiscuous is that Enza said that Alex told her that. That's it. That's hearsay, twice removed, and from a person who's been proven to be a pathological liar with a vendetta against Kim. Not to mention, Alex has her own issues against Kim.

Personally, I think that Kim is a big part of the problem - but not for that reason. Dr. Phil stated (and I fully agree - I actually said much the same thing after the first show aired) that the reason Alex sleeps with strange men is because she's turning to them for comfort, because she's living in an environment that's filled with screaming, swearing, incriminations, manipulations, accusations - the one thing that's not present in Kim's household is love. So Alex is looking for it elsewhere. THAT is the problem.

And the reason Enza is brought up so much is that, even though Kim admittedly hasn't done a good job of making her affection felt, Enza has made it 1,000,000 times worse by going out of her way to brainwash Alex into thinking that she isn't worth anything and Kim doesn't love her at all.

January 23, 2007, 11:43 am CST

Father Figure

I might have missed something, but where is the father?  Is the father Enza's brother.  BTW, Enza has to check herself.

First | Prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next | Last