Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 5:02 pm CST

GET HER OUT

Quote From: sophie63

Enza is the most toxic person in this whole relationship. She needs to butt out. Dr. Phil needs to work with Kim and Alex WITHOUT Enza being involved.
Enza sees herself as the only one that knows what to do. Dr Phil needs to wake up and see that she is making the problem worse, not better.

I'M WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. ENZA IS SO TOXIC SHE NEEDS TO BE IN DR.PHIL HOUSE FOR HERSELF ON WHY SHE CAN'T MINE HER OWN BUSINESS. MOST OF ALL I THINK SHE'S JUST THERE FOR THE TV. LOOK HOW SHE LEFT FROM ALEX AND WENT TO KIM TO START MAKIN TROUBLE WITH HER AND HER MOM. SHES IN THERE ACTIN LIKE SHES GOLD.THEN WHEN DR.PHIL CALL HER ON IT ,ITS LIKE YEAH YOU RIGHT.I JUST DIDN'T SEE IT LIKE THAT.ENZA KNOW JUST WHAT SHES DOING AND WHAT SHE WENT IN THAT HOUSE TO DO, AND THATS TO MAKE KIM,HER MOM,AND YOUR DAUGHTER LOOK BAD. HOW CAN A AUNT SIT THERE AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT HER NIECE IN FRONT OF HER( LOOK WHAT YOU RAISE).I'M SORRY BUT THAT AUNT NEEDS TO BUTT OUT AND LET KIM AND ALEX BE A MOTHER AND A DAUGHTER.THEY NEED SOMETIME ALONG TO FIND THAT MOTHER AND DAUGHTER BOND. ALSO KIM NEEDS TO LET HER KIDS KNOW THAT STILL HER MOM IS HER MOM AND THEY HAVE TO GIVE HER RESPECT KNOW MATTER WHAT.

January 22, 2007, 5:15 pm CST

Enza ***** From Hell!!!!!!!

Quote From: monpalla

Enza is a horribly miserable person.

I think an intervention should be done on Enza.

Someone that miserable, working that hard to make sure everyone else is unhappy, must have something pretty ugly in her own life.

Alex and her family can get through this probably much quicker and smoother once "Evil Enza" is removed.

You hit the nail on the head!  I totally agree with you!

January 22, 2007, 5:21 pm CST

Mom has issues

I think the entire issue revolves around Mom, Kim. She has not only neglected her daughter (I can't wait to see/hear more about the other 2), she has some very deep-seated personal issues and nobody but her can figure them out, with help of course. She needs to tell Grandma and Enza to leave...NOW... they are only going to make matters worse. Mom needs to look in the mirror and find out why she has such low self esteem that she needed to go out and have breast augmentation done to make her feel better about herself instead of focusing her attention on her kids. Why is it ME, ME, ME with the MOM, she is the problem> My wife laughed too when I mentioned the augmentation , at first....... but understands what I mean, now. Mom has some emotional issues!

January 22, 2007, 5:27 pm CST

I'M WITH GRANDMA

Quote From: shqiperi

I can not believe what i am seeing and I can't belive dr phil is allowing it to happen??!! This poor girl is surrounding by three (especially the mom and aunt) manipulating, lying, manic depressed selfish little girls. The daughter is a product of ALL three of the horrible girls! They are all so sick and Alex needs to get far away. It's total emotional mental abuse!! I am disgusted. I wish Dr Phil would set these girls straight!! They should have social services called on them. This is appaling! God help this situation. WHy doesn't Dr PHil call this aunt out on all her manipulating?
NO I DONT KNOW WHY THE GRANDMOTHER IS GETTIN ALL THIS BAD FEED BACK.SHE SAID IT HERSELF SHE JUST SITBACK BECAUSE EVERYTIME SHE TRY TO SAY OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT  IT SHE GET TOLD TO STEP BACK SO WHY SHOULD  SHE SAY ANYTHIN AT ALL. I DONT BLAME HER AT ALL TO HAVE STAYED OUT OF ENZA AND KIM MESS, CAUSE LOOK HOW ALEX WAS SITTIN THERE WATCHIN THEM ACT THE FOOL BETWEEN THEM SO WHY SHOULD GRANDMA PUT HERSELF IN THIER PROBLEM. SHE DID THE RIGHT THING BY STAYIN OUT OF IT.SHES NOT THERE TO MAKE ENZA DAY, SHES THERE FOR HER GRANDCHILD NOT ENZA. WHY PLAY IN ENZA HAND. THESE PEOPLE WENT TO DR.PHIL FOR HELP NOT FOR SOCIAL SERVICES TO BE CALL IN. THE PROBLEM MAY BE ALEX BUT THE REAL PROBLEM IS ENZA. YES MOM MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT NOTHIN LIKE THE AUNT.

January 22, 2007, 5:36 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Okay, I'm sure now that Enza  must be reading these posts, that would explain the calm sweet, "I just want to help", persona she is now trying to portray, how swet of her to reach a fourteen year old how to use a knife and fork, how well she looked in her conservative suit, I thought I would GAG, I really don't think she's fooling ANYONE.

You know I've seen the pain the grandmother was in before.  My late FIL lived with his son and DIL for about five years before he passed, amid the chaos of four children allowed to run wild, two of them teens, he was EXPECTED to care for these children while their parents went on with their own lives, but these kids were NOT expected to respect him or listen to him, how heartbreaking is it for a grandparent to hear a grandchild tell him to F*** off ?  So Jeanette, as much as it hurts, maybe moving would be the best thing in the world for you, let those other two have each other, Kim will be crawling back when the haze clears and she finds out what Enza is all about, she obviously hasn't figured it out yet.

To talk behind anyone's back is wrong, my own philosophy is " I wouldn't say it about you if I wouldn't say it to you." And then to act so sweet and innocent to her when you were confronted, what the child is being removed so now you'll go after Kim, I don't think the vendetta is against Kim, I think it's against Jeanette, has someone done this to you and your kids ? That's why you feel the need to separate all mothers and daughters, Enza, GET A LIFE OF YOUR OWN, and just keep in mind, what goes around, tends to come around TENFOLD !

January 22, 2007, 5:40 pm CST

Agree Enza is So Toxic

Quote From: kindone

I'M WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. ENZA IS SO TOXIC SHE NEEDS TO BE IN DR.PHIL HOUSE FOR HERSELF ON WHY SHE CAN'T MINE HER OWN BUSINESS. MOST OF ALL I THINK SHE'S JUST THERE FOR THE TV. LOOK HOW SHE LEFT FROM ALEX AND WENT TO KIM TO START MAKIN TROUBLE WITH HER AND HER MOM. SHES IN THERE ACTIN LIKE SHES GOLD.THEN WHEN DR.PHIL CALL HER ON IT ,ITS LIKE YEAH YOU RIGHT.I JUST DIDN'T SEE IT LIKE THAT.ENZA KNOW JUST WHAT SHES DOING AND WHAT SHE WENT IN THAT HOUSE TO DO, AND THATS TO MAKE KIM,HER MOM,AND YOUR DAUGHTER LOOK BAD. HOW CAN A AUNT SIT THERE AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT HER NIECE IN FRONT OF HER( LOOK WHAT YOU RAISE).I'M SORRY BUT THAT AUNT NEEDS TO BUTT OUT AND LET KIM AND ALEX BE A MOTHER AND A DAUGHTER.THEY NEED SOMETIME ALONG TO FIND THAT MOTHER AND DAUGHTER BOND. ALSO KIM NEEDS TO LET HER KIDS KNOW THAT STILL HER MOM IS HER MOM AND THEY HAVE TO GIVE HER RESPECT KNOW MATTER WHAT.
Wonder what the family dynamics are in Enya's household. I had to turn the sound off on my TV at times when she was ranting and raving. I bet her husband and children aren't looking forward to her returning from the Dr. Phil House.

January 22, 2007, 6:10 pm CST

I missed today's show....

...what therapeutic academy was Alex sent to?  What was her reaction?

Thanks.

January 22, 2007, 6:12 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: junior38

I THINK IT IS VERY SAD WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE DAUGHTER AND YES THE MOTHER HAS MANY PROBLEMS BUT THE DOMINEERING AUNT IS NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL.  SHE NEEDS TO GO TAKE CARE OF HER OWN FAMILY AND GET OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS.  SHE IS NOT HELPING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DAUGHTER AND MOTHER AND I THINK SHE ENJOYS BEING CONTROLLING.  LOOK AT HER YELLING AND SCREAMING OBSCENITIES.  SHE IS NO BETTER THAN THE MOM AND IN SOME WAYS WORSE THAN THE MOM.  THE MOM NEEDS HELP AND DOES NOT NEED THAT INTERFERING WITCH IN THE PICTURE.  PLEASE DOCTOR PHIL GET HER OUT AND LET HER KNOW HOW THE AUDIENCE FEELS ABOUT HER.  SHE NEEDS HELP FOR HER OWN PROBLEMS.  SHE MUST BE VERY INSECURE TO ALWAYS TRY AND CONTROL EVERYONE ELSES LIFE. 
I totally agree with you. But I think both grandma and aunt should have been out of the house and the relationship between mom and daughter addressed. The poor kid must have felt overwhelmed with the circus that was going on with the adults. Maybe the time away from each other, the mom can get herself some help and be more of a parent when her daughter comes home.

January 22, 2007, 6:24 pm CST

Fascinating!!!

Since I missed Part 1 & 2 and I do not want to read through all the messages, has there been any mention of a "father" or "male" in this mess?  The main reason the daughter is acting out in this manner seems to be the lack of a male presence in her life, whether it be a parent, an uncle or anyone that cares.  And when she is surrounded by negative women, the situation just intensifies.  For the record, "lookin for love in all the wrong places" seems to be the norm.

January 22, 2007, 6:26 pm CST

Yet another sad story...

I wish the best for Alex, as she is just a young girl and has a chance for a future of some worth (I hope), ....but for the most part, I didnt find any of these women very likeable or worthy of rooting for....sorry...

The sad part is that they are just a tiny tip of the dysfunctional, unhappy, messed up iceberg...

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next | Last