Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 285
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 19, 2007, 01:21:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The story continues with Alex, a 14-year-old girl who moved into The Dr. Phil House with her mom, grandmother and aunt. Alex’s family asked Dr. Phil to intervene because they couldn’t stop Alex from prostituting herself to older men. Dr. Phil confronts Alex’s aunt, Enza, and her mother, Kim, about how their venomous relationship is affecting Alex and leading her to turn to men for comfort. Enza apologizes for her behavior with Alex, and finds a new ally in the house, against Kim’s mother, Jeanette. Jeanette overhears a discussion about her and angrily informs Kim that she will find a new place to live. After confiscating Alex’s cell phone, Kim listens to a voicemail from an older man, trying to contact Alex for sex. Private investigator, Harold Copus, meets with Alex and gets information on the older men she says she’s been with, so they can be taken off the streets. On their last day in the House, Dr. Phil breaks the news to Alex that she won’t be returning home with her family. Find out where she’s going and what makes her break down in tears. Then, talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2007, 4:24 pm CST

Enza doesn't know she has a problem

Quote From: courteranne

I hope that Enza reads this:

You seem like the type of women who is not happy unless bashing someone else. The minute Phil gives you a hard time you start making friends with the woman you have been bashing all along. You know what lady    WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO DID WHAT WHEN WHERE OR HOW!!!! WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOUNG CHILD. SHUT UP STOP FIGHTING AND THINK ABOUT HER.  Take it from someone who comes from an enviorment just like this. Kids remember a lot more than you think and its damaging. Get over anything Kim did that you feel was wrong and start fresh. Show Alex that people can start over and make things right;she needs to see that rightnow

You see this is just the thing. Enza is oblivious to the fact that her behavior is antisocial. She thinks she is only repeating what she drew out of others in her feigning friendship mode.

January 22, 2007, 4:27 pm CST

Toxious Enza

Quote From: ldingess

I can't wait to see the show Monday.   I am curious to know what Enza  is apologizing for;  her behavior on the show, her ongoing daming Kim to Alex,  brainwashing Alex to continue hating her mom, or finally Enza admitting that she has not been there for Alex as an Aunt should be instead of creating more issues and drama for Alex.  It is so obvious that Enza uses Alex to get back at Kim for whatever reasons, and that sickens me.    Actions speak louder than words and if  Enza is sincere, she'll start with a great big apology to Alex for not being there for her in the past 4 years or more and step up and start doing more positive things with her and stop the elementary bullshit with Alex,  admit that she has mishandled things about Kim and said things about  Kim to Alex that was not appropriate for her to talk about with Alex. 

Hopefully Kim can see past Enza being there and step up and admit to her real issues for the sake of her family.  I feel as long as Enza is there, Kim will continue to hold back and not be as honest with Dr. Phil and herself as she needs to be to receive the proper help!!  C'mon Kim noone cares what Enza says or thinks about you, but we do care about what you will sacrifice for your own child to get her help.  If Kim is sincere she will do what it takes for her daughter!!  We are praying for you Kim so please do the right thing.  Kim, think of it this way Enza is there for your entertainment, ignore her or just laugh at her she is a fooooool!!!!   Praying for Alex!!  We all should pray for Enza as well she needs some serious help!!      Curious to see what happens!!!

I agree.  Now that Doctor Phil is removing Alex from the family hopefully she will get the help she needs - far away from her feuding relatives.  Enza is toxious and makes things worse by  trying to come between Alex and her mom.  She needs to go home and stay out of it.  As a caring Aunt, she should remove herself from the middle and remain an available listening ear for Alex. And if Alex should turn to her, she should listen and show concern but not put down the mother or try to come between them.  Alex needs positive support and caring not someone tearing downher mother.  Like Alex told the detective on the show, she is searching for love and someone to tell her they care.  Maybe if the mother and Aunt showed they cared more instead of fighting with each other, Alex would not have to look for men to provide her with affection.  Now that Alex is getting help, the mother should take this time to get some help for herself and her alcohol problems.  Grandmother needs to move out of the house.  Hopefully, Alex will someday return to a home with a loving sober more mature and affectionate mother.  And as a bonus she will hopefully have caring and concerned family (grandmother and Aunt) to offer support - not drame and trauma to her life.  Alex cannot return to the current toxic environment as it is now.

January 22, 2007, 4:29 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: lindalee1011

Dr. Phil.    I think that the aunt is not to be trusted in anything she says or does as she seems to running her own plans to make her look good. It seems that she wants to be in the lime light. I woulder if anyone else fills like I do?

I agree with you 100%..When she saw herself on camera today she tried to do an about face.The she starts pitting daughter against mother.When she is showing Alex how to cut food with a knife,she comments hasnt anyone ever taught you how to cut your food.She is still being manipulative,backstabbing,drama queen,and I wouldnt trust her as far as i could throw her,although it would be fun to try ....lol I hope Dr. Phil blisters her next week!!!!!

January 22, 2007, 4:30 pm CST

01/22 The Dr. Phil House: Teen Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: spdero

Enza is a professional manipulator!!  First she's bashing Kim up one side and down the other and now she's Kim's "friend", and looking out for best interest?!  Give me a break!  And....why in the hell is she "confiding" in Enza?  I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when watching the show today!  Then, Enza turns on Kim's mom (with Kim in tow cuz they've "bonded" for the moment), what's that all about?!  Has Kim slipped into an alternate reality?  If I were Kim I would NEVER allow Enza near Alex again.  She is so venomous, so toxic that I don't see how she will ever be a benefit to this family.  She needs to leave now and don't let the door hit her in the butt!!  

Let's concentrate on the real issue here, which is Alex, She needs some major self confidence, a role model to look up to and a mother to be there for her.  I hope Kim can find some direction in her life so that she can become the mother Alex hope's she'll be and I think Kim want's to be. And please Dr. Phil get these scum bags who are taking advantage of way to many vulnerable children out there. 

So true.I don't think it is possible for me to agree with you more than I do already.

As for Alex glade she will be out of that environment for awhile so things can get

straighten out.But

what about the younger children in the house?I know there is at least one.

A little sister.Not sure if the third is older or younger.But what about them?And my goodness I hope with all the sick freaks Alex was going with they will keep an actual watch over the younger ones in the house so the freaks don't come sniffing around them.And Alex is out of

it now for at least 6 months.I hope the others are seen to also and not ignored just because they are not out of control yet.They have been exposed to the same toxic environment as Alex and they need help also.And they also need to be WATCHED cause I would assume that the freaky perverts know bout the little sister.

January 22, 2007, 4:34 pm CST

Let's look at the Aunt's Family

Quote From: nursescare

I am ready to bite through a brick,  Dr Phil i have seen you tell step parents  on other shows to  let the real parents deal with the issues. so I am shocked that you havent stopped this one dead in its tracks. I dont care what kind of insight or information this aunt has to bring to the table, she has no business being their at all. she may care about the daughter, but she is using this show as a door to get her personal hatred towards the mother out their. she is very manipulative and i just cant stand it. i dont care what the mother has done wrong that aunt has no right and no business being there. she talks about the daughter seeing her mom with a penis in her, boy wasnt she trying to create a negative visual for the daughter. when the daughter was going to get her tests she made a smart comment to her mom and then she looked at her aunt for confirmation. please Dr. Phil get this horrible game playing women out of that house and let the daughter and mother deal with there problems. please, I know you can see the games she is playing, you can see right on her face the personal satisfaction shes getting out of all this.

I agree, what is this toxic aunt doing here.  I have never seen anyone so full of anger.  What happened in this family.  Where's grandpa?  Dead, if he's lucky with these women.  This poor kid doesn't have a chance if she if allowed to be around this aunt.

What a manipulator!  I can't believe Dr. Phil didn't call her on EVERYTHING.  Does the aunt like anyone?  EEEEUUUUU  She's just evil.

January 22, 2007, 4:34 pm CST

all three of those women are psychos!!

I can not believe what i am seeing and I can't belive dr phil is allowing it to happen??!! This poor girl is surrounding by three (especially the mom and aunt) manipulating, lying, manic depressed selfish little girls. The daughter is a product of ALL three of the horrible girls! They are all so sick and Alex needs to get far away. It's total emotional mental abuse!! I am disgusted. I wish Dr Phil would set these girls straight!! They should have social services called on them. This is appaling! God help this situation. WHy doesn't Dr PHil call this aunt out on all her manipulating?

January 22, 2007, 4:39 pm CST

mom and aunt

Quote From: redhedlisa

The mom is a promiscuous alcoholic.  Doesn't anyone think the mom is 99% of the problem?!?!?!?

I THINK IT IS VERY SAD WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE DAUGHTER AND YES THE MOTHER HAS MANY PROBLEMS BUT THE DOMINEERING AUNT IS NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL.  SHE NEEDS TO GO TAKE CARE OF HER OWN FAMILY AND GET OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS.  SHE IS NOT HELPING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DAUGHTER AND MOTHER AND I THINK SHE ENJOYS BEING CONTROLLING.  LOOK AT HER YELLING AND SCREAMING OBSCENITIES.  SHE IS NO BETTER THAN THE MOM AND IN SOME WAYS WORSE THAN THE MOM.  THE MOM NEEDS HELP AND DOES NOT NEED THAT INTERFERING WITCH IN THE PICTURE.  PLEASE DOCTOR PHIL GET HER OUT AND LET HER KNOW HOW THE AUDIENCE FEELS ABOUT HER.  SHE NEEDS HELP FOR HER OWN PROBLEMS.  SHE MUST BE VERY INSECURE TO ALWAYS TRY AND CONTROL EVERYONE ELSES LIFE. 

January 22, 2007, 4:44 pm CST

Remove Enza

Enza is a horribly miserable person.

I think an intervention should be done on Enza.

Someone that miserable, working that hard to make sure everyone else is unhappy, must have something pretty ugly in her own life.

Alex and her family can get through this probably much quicker and smoother once "Evil Enza" is removed.

January 22, 2007, 4:45 pm CST

Enza IS EVIL, WHY IS SHE THERE?

Quote From: schanteuse1

Enza is an evil, manipulative witch who ought to be cut out of this family, period. That being said, I've noticed a dynamic going on in this family where Kim's role for everybody, is that of the "whipping boy." As clearly evil as Enza is, for both Alexis and Jeannette, it's easier to confront and blame Kim for everything and anything than to confront Enza about anything. And, in the interactions between Enza and Kim, it's not like they both attack each other. It's more like watching a pit bull tear into a toy poodle. Enza takes an evil pleasure in her attacks and her manipulations and it's just easier for both daughter and grandmother to dump the blame for everything onto Kim than to recognise, confront and eradicate the real problem, which is Enza. It's hard to blzme them though. Hell - I'd be scared of a "mean girl" crossed with a pit bull too. Dr. Phil, I hope part of the treatment for this family is to get Enza the hell out of this family. She's like a pedaphile in that she can never be trusted, period. She's been doing this for a long time. She loves it. She's good at it. And, without a lobotomy, I don't think she'll change. 

You have said EVERYTHING I have been thinking.  I'm watching Dr. Phil now and he isn't going to get tough with Enza.  Enza needs help and you would think he would say so.  Enza does have the tendencies of a pedaphile, what a good observation.  I think Enza is one of Alex's worst abusers. 

January 22, 2007, 4:54 pm CST

Enza does it again!

Anyone notice that once the aunt got called on her behavior she immediately started sucking up to the mother (and Dr. Phil) and then, once again, did everything she could to create a rift between a mother and daughter, only this time it was the grandmother who became the bad guy.  And everyone, once again, got sucked into the whole dynamic and played out the parts that Enza created for everyone.  I can't believe Dr. Phil said he would like her to be a part of this family!  There is not one sincere bone in her body.  She's an evil, ultra-manipulative person who has some psychotic need to create dissension and make people miserable.  There is something deeply wrong with her, and she needs to be completely removed from this process and this family and never again be allowed to inflict her own troubled mind into what is already a difficult situation.  Dr. Phil, do something to keep this awful person out of these people's lives!

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last