Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 12:24 pm CDT

Chilly

Hello sweetie.I wasn't involved in to many boards here before the only other 1 I was a part of was the one Karen started:

Maximizing Weight Loss Through The Tough Times

I was posting there with you and the Lady's before I came here.I remember another board named over 50 with 50lbs or more to lose--something like that.

It has been alittle confusing finding our way around,but it will get easier.I was still learning the old board when they shut it down.

Good to see you here.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 12:25 pm CDT

My GOD I FOUND IT. . I THINK

well my gosh it only took me 5 days and many frustrating hours and I am not too sure if I have this down yet. . But if I don't try I will never know. . I am fine. . lonesome. .but thank God for the e mails Gals they were all appreciated. . We were at the condo for 3 days and just got home last night and now I have a Granddaughter visiting for a few days. . .It has been a busy time and as of today I am plus 1 pound for the month of July. . This is one time I wish I were a bigger loser.. .

KAREN. . A VERY HAPPY HAPPY  HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT-LOSS YEAR TO YOU GIRL FRIEND. .

HUGS TO ALL. . . .WHEN I GET MORE CMOFORTABLE WITH THIS I WILL BE BACK MORE OFTEN. . .  .HOW DO WE MARK WHERE WE QUITE READING. . DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK OVER ALL OF THESE EVERY TIME WE CHECK IN? ? ??

I SHALL NOW GO LOOKING FOR OUR OTHER BOARD. . . I AM SOOOO PROUD OF MYSELF THAT I MANAGED THIS. . . HUGS TO ALL REEN/POOZ

July 26, 2005, 12:38 pm CDT

HI ALL, I MADE IT!!!

I finally looked art my junk mail and found the mesg. Have another problem. I won't let me delete. Anyone ellse haing this happen?. Good to see you all and be baack!!! I can't do anything at the new house until the painter is finished, can't do anything in Malibu until next week at least and except for puting thiung aaway in BB I can't do that because I have to be at the new house for deliveries. So I aM CHILLIN' for now. Chillin' isw not a good word when it is 100 degrees, right! So I will sAY I AM relaxing until it all breaks then I will be making up for this relaxing time. LOL BNev

July 26, 2005, 12:57 pm CDT

hi reen

Quote From: reenbc

well my gosh it only took me 5 days and many frustrating hours and I am not too sure if I have this down yet. . But if I don't try I will never know. . I am fine. . lonesome. .but thank God for the e mails Gals they were all appreciated. . We were at the condo for 3 days and just got home last night and now I have a Granddaughter visiting for a few days. . .It has been a busy time and as of today I am plus 1 pound for the month of July. . This is one time I wish I were a bigger loser.. .

KAREN. . A VERY HAPPY HAPPY HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT-LOSS YEAR TO YOU GIRL FRIEND. .

HUGS TO ALL. . . .WHEN I GET MORE CMOFORTABLE WITH THIS I WILL BE BACK MORE OFTEN. . . .HOW DO WE MARK WHERE WE QUITE READING. . DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK OVER ALL OF THESE EVERY TIME WE CHECK IN? ? ??

I SHALL NOW GO LOOKING FOR OUR OTHER BOARD. . . I AM SOOOO PROUD OF MYSELF THAT I MANAGED THIS. . . HUGS TO ALL REEN/POOZ

THANK GOODNESS YOU FOUND IT - I WAS ALMOST GOING TO FLY OUT THERE AND HELP YOU.  LOL.  THERE IS A WAY OF MARKING WHERE YOU QUIT READING AND THE MONITOR EXPLAINED IT TO SOMEONE IN THE 'GET MORE HELP SECTION' BUT I COULDN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND IT.  I'M NOT MUCH OF A HELP!  WHEN I GET BACK IN TO THE FIRST MESSAGE I SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND THEN I HIT 'LAST MESSAGE' AND JUST GO BACK FROM THERE TO WHERE I LEFT OFF THE TIME BEFORE.  I KNOW THERE IS AN EASIER WAY.  HAVE I CONFUSED YOU YET?

HUGS, SHIRLEY

July 26, 2005, 1:02 pm CDT

HI BEV

Quote From: beverlyc

I finally looked art my junk mail and found the mesg. Have another problem. I won't let me delete. Anyone ellse haing this happen?. Good to see you all and be baack!!! I can't do anything at the new house until the painter is finished, can't do anything in Malibu until next week at least and except for puting thiung aaway in BB I can't do that because I have to be at the new house for deliveries. So I aM CHILLIN' for now. Chillin' isw not a good word when it is 100 degrees, right! So I will sAY I AM relaxing until it all breaks then I will be making up for this relaxing time. LOL BNev

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN DELETE IN THE MESSAGE TITLE IS TO HIGHLIGHT IT AND HIT DELETE.  IN YOUR MESSAGE PORTION, WHERE I AM NOW, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BACK-SPACE TO DELETE.  IF YOU CAN'T DELETE IN THE MESSAGE PORTION LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GO TO THE AREA WHERE YOU CAN ASK MONITORS QUESTIONS, OR YOU CAN - TOP OF PAGE CLICK 'NEED HELP', WHEN YOU ARE THERE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE AND THERE IS A SPOT THAT SAYS, ADDITIONAL HELP - GO THERE AND TYPE A MESSAGE TO THE MONITOR AND EXPLAIN YOUR PROBLEM - SHE WILL ANSWER IT WITHIN A VERY SHORT TIME.

AM SURE YOU ARE ANXIOUS TO GET THINGS GOING BUT MAYBE YOU NEED TO RELAX AFTER YOUR PREVIOUS EXTRA BUSY MONTHS.  SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ON BOARD.  COME BACK AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.  HUGS, SHIRLEY

July 26, 2005, 1:07 pm CDT

Reen/Pooz

Quote From: reenbc

KAREN. . A VERY HAPPY HAPPY HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT-LOSS YEAR TO YOU GIRL FRIEND. .

HUGS TO ALL. . . .WHEN I GET MORE CMOFORTABLE WITH THIS I WILL BE BACK MORE OFTEN. . . .HOW DO WE MARK WHERE WE QUITE READING. . DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK OVER ALL OF THESE EVERY TIME WE CHECK IN? ? ??

hello,so happy to see you! Many have been having problems getting here.I am thankful you didn't give up trying.I to have been lonely--didn't have contact with the ladies from here,once everything went down.I didn't have anyones e-mail or them mine.

yeah 1 lb gain is not that bad--it will come back off easily,you'll see.

I do know you click subscribe at top of board to add the boards to like favorites,and when you come on you can click see new messages or post--how ever it says it above the posts on the right side,to take you to newer postings.I usually click on last at the bottom and work backwards threw the pages til i find where i left off at.Other may have a better,easier way of doing it.

Hope to see you often,Appreciate all the effort and work you have had to do,to be here with us.

Hugs

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:11 pm CDT

HI DIANA/CHILLY

Quote From: kfcgirl23

Okay everybody I just came from the archived section and come on and cart me away.......I do not see the two separate and distinct boards I was posting to so it must be me....so for months I have been posting to the over 50's board and another board I swear ........and they were two two distinctive boards......the second one Karen had set up cause the original was a little too "direct" in the responses sometimes........

Anyway, I know you all are trying to play some game with me and keep leading me on....but it's not working you have me laughing but I know......yes I do........there were two separate boards over there (((((((((smiling))))))))))

I'm just hoping we can pick up BBBEV, REEN, MM, ROSE, LADYROSE, MIDGE, RAVEN, SHARON, JOANN, KATY, CAROL, BEVERLY, ESMAY, DONNA AND EVERYBUDDY......ON THIS BOARD EVENTUALLY..........

CHILLY

HOPE THIS DOESN'T CONFUSE YOU BUT THIS BOARD IS THE 'OVER 50 WLC COMMUNITY' AND THE ONE KAREN STARTED IS 'MAXIMIZING WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH THE HARD TIMES' (A SOFT PLACE TO FALL).  I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT IF YOU CLICK ON TO 'HOME' AND THEN 'WEIGHT'.

ALL THE LADIES YOU MENTIONED SWEETIE ARE ON THE 50 WLC BOARD BUT SOME OF THEM HAVE NOT POSTED, SUCH AS RAVEN (SHE PROBABLY CAN'T FIND US), JONANN IS ON HOLIDAYS - DID SEE BEVERLY DURING THE FIRST DAYS. 

NOT TO CONFUSE YOU BUT I AM GOING TO GO BACK IN TO HOME AND THEN WEIGHT AND IF I AM GIVING YOU THE WRONG DIRECTIONS I WILL BE BACK.  HUGS, SHIRLEY

July 26, 2005, 1:22 pm CDT

Beverly

Quote From: beverlyc

welcome home,glad to see you here.Wow you have alot happening there right now.sounds like this is one of those times you wish there could be 2 of you.lol good to hear your not letting it all to you,and are relaxing.we went threw that kind of heat here afew day as well.Right now though we weren't included in the storm warnings earlier.We have a storm front rolling in right now.Maybe they will include us now.lol Thunder is a rolling.if it starts lighting I will get off here.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:26 pm CDT

Shirley

hello

I am like you hard to help others find their way with this new setup,cause we're not use to it yet either.But I believe you are right about where to find the soft place board.I keep thinking this will get to be old hat to us soon.I hope so.How are you doing this fine day.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:34 pm CDT

HI VICKIE / AND CORRECTION FOR CHILLY

Quote From: mfoxy1

hello

I am like you hard to help others find their way with this new setup,cause we're not use to it yet either.But I believe you are right about where to find the soft place board.I keep thinking this will get to be old hat to us soon.I hope so.How are you doing this fine day.

Vickie

VICKIE, I ACTUALLY DID MAKE A SLIGHT ERROR IN MY INSTRUCTIONS TO CHILLY AS WHERE TO FIND MAXIMIZING THE WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH THE HARD TIMES.  I SHOULD HAVE SAID:

GO TO MEMBERS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE, THEN CLICK ON MESSAGE BOARDS, SCROLL DOWN TO HEADING CATEGORIES - GO TO WEIGHT - THEN WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE DISCUSSIONS AND YOU WILL FIND ALL THE OTHER BOARDS.  HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE.

HUGS, SHIRLEY

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last