Message Boards

Topic : Over 50 WLC Community

Number of Replies: 4598
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:06:59 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your story while giving and receiving support from others who are over 50.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 2:54 pm CDT

I agree Karen

I agree whole-heartedly with what you said Karen. I am sure once all the kinks get worked out that we will find it much easier to operate on this board. Personally, I am not really having any difficulty with it other than trying to get my icon up. Though I noticed on the other board that an icon did come up, but it is not very clear.  But if people only remember me by my icon, then maybe I wasn't worth remembering anyway..smiling.  We may find it hard getting used to these new boards, but don't forget, we found it hard to lose weight too.  Did we give up on losing weight....NO, so lets not give up on the new boards either.

I forgot that today was Monday, so I did not weigh in this morning. I may wait until next Monday, or I may remember and do it tomorrow.

Gotta run now as we are having a family b-b que at our house today and I have last minute things to do. Hope everyone is having a good day today.

Love ya.  Marion/BC

July 25, 2005, 5:06 pm CDT

WELL, THAT WAS THE STRANGEST THING

JUST KEYED A POST AND WHEN I FINISHED I DID A SPELL CHECK, AND THEN HIT POST MESSAGE - GOT THE QUESTION - ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE READY TO POST OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...BUT THEN IT KICKED ME OUT - BACK TO SIGN IN???  WILL TRY TO REPOST THAT MESSAGE HERE IN JUST A LITTLE BIT - NEED TO RUN......LOVE, PEACE AND PRAYERS......DONNA

July 25, 2005, 5:26 pm CDT

Chilly

Quote From: kfcgirl23

I'd like to invite any of you to join Andie Pie, Becky, MM and myself to the PHIL TO THE 7TH POWER EXERCISE CLUB

I know it's tough keeping up with a lot of boards but this one is simply posting your ie activity that you've done for the day.....kind of keeps you accountable as well as we give each other tips etc.

Just today Becky said something about an Aqua bike so I would like to find out a little more about that. Anyway, my friends please feel free to pop on the board and see if you'd like to just let us know how the ie is going or NOT going. Perhaps we can motivate you to start up or increase the IE.

EXAMPLE: 50 MIN DVD TAPE, PLUS 1 MILE WITH LESLIE.....25 SITUPS, 10 PUSH UPS, LIGHT WEIGHTS.

THANKS FOR CHECKING US OUT.

CHILLY

I am happy you have found aplace that you feel will give you added support with your IE.Sounds like a good place to be.I wouldn't have much to share or report there at this time of my life.So I won't be joining you there at this time.But appreciate your sharing and informing us all,about the board.Hope things are getting easier for you to get here when you want to.

your friend

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 5:32 pm CDT

IS IT WEIGH IN DAY TODAY???

IF IT IS THEN ITS ACCOUNTABILITY TIME...WHILE ON VACATION, TAKING HRT AND RECUPERATING FROM SPIDER BITES I GAINED ABOUT 10 #'S - AS OF THIS A.M. I HAVE LOST 4 (WAS 3 ON SAT - BUT 1 MORE TODAY) OF THOSE SUCKERS...GETTING "REAL" HERE..STAYING MOTIVATED..HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!

HOWEVER, MY IE FOR TODAY TURNED OUT TO BE A SNOOZE ON THE COUCH...CAME HOME FROM WORK (HUBBY OUTTA TOWN) WITH ALL GOOD INTENSIONS.  WAS GOING TO CHANGE INTO YARD CLOTHES, PULL WEEDS FOR A FEW MINUTE AND THEN TAKE A NICE SWIM...BUT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A DREAM-CAUSE I WOKE UP ABOUT 1-1/2 HOURS LATER (SITTING UP EVEN!!)

I HAD READ WHERE SOME ONE WAS GETTING THEMSELVES CONFUSED WITH ALL THE PASSWORD, USER NAME CHANGES...SOMETHING THAT I DO THAT HELPS ME ALOT ...I HAVE A DOCUMENT IN MY COMPUTER TITLED "USELESS INFORMATION"...ON THAT SHEET I HAVE LISTED THE WEB PAGE, MY USER NAME, PASSWORD AND THE ACCOUNT (IF THAT APPLIES). THIS IS A GREAT REFERENCE FOR ME, HAS HELPED ME OUT COUNTLESS TIMES....

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OUR JULY LOVELIES...MAY YOU BE BLESSED WITH HEALTH, WEALTH(NOT JUST THE MONETARY KIND) AND WEIGHT LOSS...AND ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU DESIRE...

DONT REMEMBER ALL THE OTHER THINGS I HAD IN MY PREVIOUS POST - IT GOT LOST ALONG WITH MY NITE TIME BRAIN CELLS - BUT, DO HOPE EVERYONE HAS HAD A WONDERFUL DAY/NITE WHEREVER YOU ARE ...LOVE, PEACE AND PRAYERS......DONNA

July 25, 2005, 6:06 pm CDT

hi marion

Quote From: sneeeezer

I agree whole-heartedly with what you said Karen. I am sure once all the kinks get worked out that we will find it much easier to operate on this board. Personally, I am not really having any difficulty with it other than trying to get my icon up. Though I noticed on the other board that an icon did come up, but it is not very clear. But if people only remember me by my icon, then maybe I wasn't worth remembering anyway..smiling. We may find it hard getting used to these new boards, but don't forget, we found it hard to lose weight too. Did we give up on losing weight....NO, so lets not give up on the new boards either.

I forgot that today was Monday, so I did not weigh in this morning. I may wait until next Monday, or I may remember and do it tomorrow.

Gotta run now as we are having a family b-b que at our house today and I have last minute things to do. Hope everyone is having a good day today.

Love ya. Marion/BC

Don't worry sweet Marion, I remember you for you not your icon.  I didn't weigh-in either today, I am waiting until my body feels better. LOL.  Have a fun BBQ. / Hugs, Shirley

July 25, 2005, 6:14 pm CDT

Monday Monday Evening

Hello girlie girls

Hope all is going well.....today my exercise was finishing cleaning my carpeting in the house. What a workout that was. It was so hot outside today I stayed in and just did housework.  Hey, for dinner I had the rest of my birthday dinner from last night. The swordfish was even better today!!!

Hey (((((((((Donna))))))))))) that was an excellent idea about writing all the passwords and usernames and saving them in a notepad on the computer. To bad I didn't think of that before but I can start doing it now.

Everybody have a good evening and I hope all is going well.

chilly

July 25, 2005, 6:14 pm CDT

Karen

Quote From: pg__smiley

Diana , Go to Need Help? Then click on the one near the bottom that says Message Board Help...and it will take you there to the complaints and answers....I know Jackie has not been able to get on either as she keeps getting this email is in use too...sigh...

Oh let this transition begin to get easier...I worry that many will leave in anger and frustration, and not persevere past it all, to get to the true meaning of all this anyways...Either we want our board, and all the support here or we don't...guess it's a personal decision for us all....I personally think we need to allow patience with it all, as I can bet they are doing all they can to rectify the snags....let's give back some of our gratitude too...amidst our own awkwardness and troubles with the transition..

I know for myself, these boards have been such a God Send to me...I had no support here whatsoever at home...and because of all you wonderful ladies (friends) I today am still down 100 pounds... (actually 99 1/2 ) I never regained it all back...and know I would have had I not had all of you and these boards for support..so I for one thank the Dr Phil website for making this available yet again....I know that this transition for them has also got to be very difficult....not just for us...I don't believe that any of this is meant to make it more difficult for any of us...so let's give back some of our gratitude too...and show our true character...

Hugs and love,

Karen

Karen

I agree with about what you said whole heartedly.We were forced to step out of our comfort zone(the old board).And make this new change.Accepting change isn't always easy,and takes time to adjust.Especially major changes,we weren't expecting,like all

this.

I don't believe I would want to be 1 of the staff who's working on this project right now. Maybe the new system wasn't kink free when they opened it back up for us,but they did make it possible for all of us to reconnect together.They are being bombed with complaints and bad attitudes.I am sure they appreciate any of us informing them of any problem we are encountering here and how some feel this is difficult for them.But they don't deserve all the neg. words that have been said to and about them.I am sure they are just as unhappy about these on going problems as we are,if not more so cause their the 1's trying to fix them.

How would we like to be treated if we were in their shoes?They deserve alot better treatment,and politeness then they have been getting since the boards came back.They need to hear how we appreciate them, all they're efforts and work,That are involved in order to make this possible.Like you I feel so blessed just being here with everyone again.And If that means dealing with a few problems till the staff gets them fixed so be it.

By the way--Fantastic job on not only losing the 99 1/2 lbs,but also for keeping it off!You are a great inspiration to us all.

Love and hugs

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:16 pm CDT

Ladyrose/lee

Quote From: ladyrose52

What a pain to get this all re-arranged! Just a quick note to say HI and then off to weed my overgrown garden. Best of luck to all in the upcoming week - still not so sure I like this new place. Love to All,

Ladyrose/Lee

hello,nice to see you here.

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:27 pm CDT

Donna

Quote From: doco5256

JUST KEYED A POST AND WHEN I FINISHED I DID A SPELL CHECK, AND THEN HIT POST MESSAGE - GOT THE QUESTION - ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE READY TO POST OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...BUT THEN IT KICKED ME OUT - BACK TO SIGN IN??? WILL TRY TO REPOST THAT MESSAGE HERE IN JUST A LITTLE BIT - NEED TO RUN......LOVE, PEACE AND PRAYERS......DONNA

The same thing happened to me the other day.I believe the new thing is if we're idle for 20 mins they sign us out.Like you I had been typing a message and sometimes it takes me awhile with these fingers of mine.lol So I came back and retyped my message on my word pad while changing the pages here on the board every few minutes.Then I could cut my message from the word pad and paste it here.It worked for me.I just had the same thing happened to me again--was signed off by the system.But o well,It just takes afew extra steps for me to do it the other way.Guess I can always split up my messages into acouple of posts if I have to.

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:27 pm CDT

bye for now

I will be back

Vickie

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last