Message Boards

Topic : 11/06 The Lie Detector

Number of Replies: 1236
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 12:57:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil vowed to find out the truth behind accusations that Jeremy molested his 3-year-old daughter, Kaylee. Krista and Bonii, Kaylee’s mom and grandmother, brought videos to Dr. Phil to try to back up their charges against Jeremy, yet Jeremy maintained his innocence, insisting that Kaylee was coached to say bad things about him. Now, both sides are back after taking lie detector tests administered by a highly skilled polygrapher. Have Krista and Bonii been honest with Dr. Phil about their feelings and actions? Did Jeremy pass his lie detector test? Plus, did anyone try to use tactics to defeat the test? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 6, 2006, 4:04 am CST

This is my story...

As I was watching this show..I couldn't help feeling sick to my stomach the entire time.

This little girls story. This ordeal -- its mine.  I am not sure of the exact situation that I was apart of, merely because I was three years old at the time. My mother and father had separated when I was barely a year old, and after I was adopted by my mothers second husband my mom decided to allow my father to still have visitation with me.

When I was about three I began saying things like this little girl is saying. I said things that I now cannot bare to stay, let alone think about. I would scream and runaway when my parents tried to put me in his car. I would latch on to my mother much like that little girl did. When I saw her crying I felt awful.

My mother took me to meet with a CPS official, to determine whether or not something was happening with me. I was too young to give valid information, my parents were told pretty much the same thing as this girls mother and grandmother were told -- that I could not tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

I can never know if I was molested or not, and I am not sure that this little girl will ever know either. All I can say is, from one child who lived this situation to another, that no matter the outcome it will eat her up if she doesn't receive help. I have lived all of my young life thus far not trusting anyone. Hating my mother because I thought she made my father not like me (which is naive.) I can't explain in a simple message on a board all that I endured merely because of unproven accusations. I still haven't recovered from that situation. I still don't know if I was molested. I still have not seen my father since that happened.

I have so much compassion for this little girl. I could care less about the parents at this point, but the little girl...she is the one who will suffer from all of this. She will suffer more than anyone can fathom.

Dr.Phil I thank you for helping this little girl. I thank you.
And to the parents...
I am not sure of names...but to her mother, you are not helping your child by perpetuating her pain when she comes home to you. Your daughter may end up resenting you, she may hate you someday...and if you are wrong about your accusations then the reasoning behind her hate is obvious, if you are right...then endure her yelling and crying, because...its not you she is truly mad at.

And to her father...if you have molested your daughter I feel so sorry for you. This is your child, and she will spend every day of her life wondering why she was not good enough to be treated like a decent human being. She will spend every moment in pain, this may become a looming secret for her...it may torment her for the rest of her life. You ARE her father, you are supposed to be her protector. If you are being wrongly accused...I am sorry to say that a distance may be between you and your daughter forever. A distance that can't be healed, a distance created by the "unknown" of this situation.

To the little girl; I hope you never allow what has happened to hinder your individual growth. I hope you never feel inadequate...I hope you never feel less than human. You are not alone, other children whether now 18 or still 3 have gone through or are going through what you are. Be strong, love yourself...and when this is all over and done I hope you have time to be a child.

Amanda

November 6, 2006, 4:56 am CST

11/06 The Lie Detector

Quote From: fyre98

I'm not sure who the bigger liair is here...I think all parties involved here have something to hide, as to what that "something" is I am not quite sure but I hope for the sake of that beautiful little girl that her father has not been molesting her.

The biggest liar would be the one who is molesting that beautiful little girl, namely Jeremy, the child's father.  With the physical evidence and the results of the lie detector, it is evident that he is deceptive AND has hurt the little girl.

Any mother would do anything to keep their child away from a molester.  I'm tired of seeing the women dumped on while the molester gets away with victimizing a little girl.  Lock him up and keep him away from children.

November 6, 2006, 5:10 am CST

Now that you know the results...

... will you PLEASE make sure the family goes forward with prosecuting this child abuser?  If you want to send him to some posh treatment facility like you did with Mikai thats fine, as long as youre making sure charges are being pressed as well!  I dont think I could stand to watch you use this forum to push for "treatment" of another child sexual abuser  without making sure charges are pressed. 

PLEASE Dr. Phil, FOLLOW THROUGH with criminal charges on this one!

November 6, 2006, 5:16 am CST

CPS and Divorcing/Divorced Parents

Dr Phil,

It has been my experience that when divorced or divorcing parents claim the other parent is abusing the child cps takes the stance that the parent/parents are lying in order to get the upper hand in a custody battle or is trying to regain custody.  Unfortunately as some parents have in the past attempted to use cps by reporting false abuse, I can fully understand why they would be suspicious but I think in some cases investigators jump to this wrong conclusion and it could possibly bias them from reaching and honest or correct opinion.

November 6, 2006, 5:20 am CST

I knew it

I'm thankful to Dr. Phil for going through with this. I pray he can find him the help he needs as well as Kaylee and her maternal side.

November 6, 2006, 5:25 am CST

11/06 The Lie Detector

I think both sides have problems.   I can't wait to see the show today to see how it turns out.  I feel for both sides until the truth comes out.

November 6, 2006, 5:56 am CST

Poor child and poor family

I truly believe someone has hurt that baby. It is a sin in this country, how once accusations are made there is no change in visitation until the accusations are proven and the accused found guilty in a court of law. One would think that once these accusations are made, the court system would immediately order supervised visitation both to protect the child and protect a person who might be wrongly accused. I think I would take my child and run with him if I thought someone was hurting him. This makes me sick to my stomach that innocents are put through this.

November 6, 2006, 6:03 am CST

Getting to the truth...

After having observed Jeremy's hesitation in answering Dr. Phil's questions, I have determined that he must be hiding something.  He could not have been more evasive if he got up and ran out of the room.  I fully expect the polygraph to show deception.

I am not totally convinced that the mother and grandmother have not put some of this child's words in her mouth.  One thing is for sure, this precious little girl is being used as a pawn between both families and it has to stop. 

One question I have is for Jeremy's wife.  Has she ever touched this child in an inappropriate way.  No one seemed to be at all concerned about that possibility.  At several points the child referred to "they touched my pee-pee".  So, is it just her father who is in question or is the stepmother in question as well?

November 6, 2006, 6:06 am CST

why do these kinds of people abuse children

and when i say{ these kind of people} im refering to any one who abuses a child in any way, is this done as an atempt to make a child pay for being born? are abusive parents so mad at the child for the burden that has been placed on them as a result of having a child ? dose it make a parent to feel good to see a child being terriosied?do people feel supeior when they are abusing a child becouse they have a human life in there hands and can make it do what ever they want to? how ever this case turns out dr phil, some one needs to spend alot of time in a place where they too can be abused on a daily basis to get a first hand look at just how it makes a child feel,if the dad and step mother are in fact doing what it looks like there doing wow you would never print this if i told you where my heart is on that issue,! they need a bit of brittish justace, you know {beheading,} would serve them well, dr phil i spent the weekend looking up case after case of this kind of abuse, and for the life of me i will never understand how any man or woman could be so heartless to any child we need to rid the world of child abusers period.load there asses up on the next space shuttle, take them up as close to god as we can open the cargo doors and send them on there way.

November 6, 2006, 6:48 am CST

Excellent Post!

Quote From: innocentangels

Dear Dr. Phil,

For the past couple of months I have become an avid viewer of your show. Although I do not always share in your value system, I believe your are highly skilled in your profession, helping many in need. In regards to the story of Kaylee, I sincerely believe she is being sexually victimized by her father. I also believe Jeremy, her father, is also a victim of sexual abuse himself. I have been reading many of the messages posted, but did not find one relating to what occurred at the end of the show with your one on one conversation with Jeremy. I think it was very skilled and strategic on your part. You quickly tossed some "vulnerable" questions  directed at Jeremy regarding past molestation of himself or of others. Then the most pivoting moment was right after this question when you immediately focused on Kaylee as a victim, stating that each day she goes without help, her quality of life is being diminished. Jeremy immediately was brought to tears as if he could relate to the pain being imposed on Kaylee, possibly appearing helpless in stopping this cycle of abuse on his part. I also believe that when you mentioned Kaylee's quality of life being diminished, I think it is also likely that it hit a very vulnerable area in his life regarding past sexual abuse, resulting in a breakdown of the real him and not a staged demeanor. I somehow believe that his unnatural, lengthy reaction to any knowledge of others being sexually abused was a diversion of his quick response of "no" to being abused himself. I am eager to learn if the upcoming episodes will reveal all this and admittance on the part of Jeremy.  A torn labia and redness on another occasion is not part of a 3 year old girl's life. Yeast infection as Jeremy replied... I seriously doubt it.

I was also very disillusioned that you projected very stongly the infallibility of CPS. As a mental health worker,  I have seen too often on how beauracracy takes precedence over the best interest of a person. It is obvious that CPS may also stage their behaviors when they learn that you will be investigating matters relating to a particular case. It will be interesting to learn if CPS in this case will approach this case differently now that you have taken a personal interest. Dr. Phil, I think you will need to touch this subject more intensely by conducting undercover investigations to learn how many kids continue to be victimized. I realize that your responses often is to appear as neutral as much as possible, however, you made other strong statements in favor of the infallibility of CPS that made me believe that you really believe it yourself. 

I firmly believe Kaylee is not staging screams, but are screams of ultimate fear and trauma after being away a weekend with her father and stepmother or when she has to leave with them.  Her screams were very dramatic and do not appear staged for a toy or candy.  We have to keep in mind she is only 3 years old and not an experienced actress!  Did anyone notice how Kaylee tried to bargain with her father in the car that when she returns back to her mother, she will no longer have to leave with him. Sadly, this girl is having to learn survival skills at a very young age since no one is able to protect her. For your viewers who have a doubt on whether Kaylee's behavior is being "coached", I would ask for them to view the footage as she is begging for the protection of her life and to view it at least 5 times to fully internalize the horror of this situation. It is true that if Krista blocks visitation, she would be in violation of the 'law" and seriously endanger the possibility of full custody. Indeed, we have a system gone bad and the vicious cycle of abuse will continue as more victims are not protected. Many social workers have had to become numb within as they are mandated to follow unjust court orders or unfair accountability if their case appears frivilous before the court.  I truly believe that the judges of today will have the greatest accountability before Our God. For this reason, I would never want to assume this role. Sadly, many professions today are influenced by political motives, money and extortion and not to protect a victim.

Let's hope and pray that if Jeremy is a victim of sexual abuse, he will come forward and assume accountability and receive the help that he needs. Many of your viewers may feel that I am pre-judging Jeremy, however,  I strongly sense that there is a little boy within himself who was also sexually victimized.

Dr. Phil, I really hope you can get to the bottom of this and save Kaylee with all the connections you have. Or I will remain dismayed.....d.o.

I have read many post on this subject and by far, this is one of the best!  I too felt that Jeremy was struggling when questioned about being abused.  It obviously hit a nerve with him. The statistics of victim's being abuser's is astounding.  I feel it will probably be revealed that he too is a victim.

How sad that this situation had to be handled the way it has but desperate times call for desperate measures.  It is my prayer that things will finally turn around for this child.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last