Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 29, 2006, 10:02 pm CST

Newly Divorced, But Have a Mini-Stalker

I have been divorced for about 1.5 yrs, but have been in this area less than a year.  I work in customer service, and have been flirted with by a number of men.  I don't mind flirtation....that's cool, even if they aren't my type.  My issue is with a young african man (I don't mean black, I mean from africa) over 10 yrs younger with me,who is acting like a mini stalker.  When I saw him the first time he was cursing out and verbally abusing a friend of mine, another african man (yes, from africa, a black man) for asking him for id for alcohol purchase.  The young man is about 22.

I am nice to him, as I am to everyone.

I have found out in the last month that he not only knows what vehicle I drive, but also when I do and don't work based on when he sees my vehicle.  Apparently he only comes to the store when I am there.   Today he asked me if I was married and I said yes, though I am single, and he called me a liar in a relatively abusive way because I don't wear a ring.

I don't care about his ethnicity, he creeps me out.  He is always drunk or high when he comes in, and follows me.  The fact that he pays so much attention to me raises my radar.  Even my ex husband has told me I need to tell my managers (who are great, they will help me if they can).  I have just never been in a situation like this.

Do I need to be rude to this guy, or will it make him worse???

December 1, 2006, 2:00 am CST

Dad is pressuring me to get a boyfriend.

My dad is pressuring me to find a boyfriend.  But I am not ready to have one.  What should I do? 

December 5, 2006, 8:16 pm CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: bikerthin

My dad is pressuring me to find a boyfriend.  But I am not ready to have one.  What should I do? 

Explain to your dad that you just aren't ready, and do what you gotta do...........not get one! You are the one living your life, not your dad.

December 5, 2006, 8:25 pm CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: coppertop23

I have been divorced for about 1.5 yrs, but have been in this area less than a year.  I work in customer service, and have been flirted with by a number of men.  I don't mind flirtation....that's cool, even if they aren't my type.  My issue is with a young african man (I don't mean black, I mean from africa) over 10 yrs younger with me,who is acting like a mini stalker.  When I saw him the first time he was cursing out and verbally abusing a friend of mine, another african man (yes, from africa, a black man) for asking him for id for alcohol purchase.  The young man is about 22.

I have found out in the last month that he not only knows what vehicle I drive, but also when I do and don't work based on when he sees my vehicle.  Apparently he only comes to the store when I am there.   Today he asked me if I was married and I said yes, though I am single, and he called me a liar in a relatively abusive way because I don't wear a ring.

I don't care about his ethnicity, he creeps me out.  He is always drunk or high when he comes in, and follows me.  The fact that he pays so much attention to me raises my radar.  Even my ex husband has told me I need to tell my managers (who are great, they will help me if they can).  I have just never been in a situation like this.

I can't tell you for sure what the right thing to do is, all I can tell you is what I would do. I would first of all make definitely sure that the managers knew about this situation. Then I would make it unquestionably clear to the guy that you were sooooo NOT interested. Tell him whatever you have to. If ya gotta lie, then llie. Tell him you have met someone that you want to marry, so you consider yourself married already. This guy sounds like a cocky little jerk, and if you don't make it absolutely clear to him that you aren't interested then he will continue to "stalk" you. If you have to get a guy friend to hang out with you at work and act  like he is your "true love". Do what you gotta do girl, but get rid of the sicko!

December 5, 2006, 8:27 pm CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: indus05

Anyone out there still love being single? I do!!
ooooh..ooooh.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me! me!!!!!!!!

December 6, 2006, 10:37 am CST

Quote From: coppertop23

You keep mentioning his race and ethnicity like it matters? that I dont get...but anyway, it's pretty clear that this guy is not really good to be around. You dont want this problem to escalate... Why dont you just tell him your not interested?! Thats not rude, it's the truth. But yes you still need to get your manager, or call the police if you have to.

December 7, 2006, 12:49 am CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: skwirl

I can't tell you for sure what the right thing to do is, all I can tell you is what I would do. I would first of all make definitely sure that the managers knew about this situation. Then I would make it unquestionably clear to the guy that you were sooooo NOT interested. Tell him whatever you have to. If ya gotta lie, then llie. Tell him you have met someone that you want to marry, so you consider yourself married already. This guy sounds like a cocky little jerk, and if you don't make it absolutely clear to him that you aren't interested then he will continue to "stalk" you. If you have to get a guy friend to hang out with you at work and act  like he is your "true love". Do what you gotta do girl, but get rid of the sicko!

He is cocky...but I love him and Im just going to wait for him to call me he will when he's ready. I look forward to when Im in his arms again. Good night and Im officially done with Dr. Phils message boards they have served there purpose. good night

December 7, 2006, 8:00 am CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: brianisafool

He is cocky...but I love him and Im just going to wait for him to call me he will when he's ready. I look forward to when Im in his arms again. Good night and Im officially done with Dr. Phils message boards they have served there purpose. good night
Uhhhhh.................my reply was for coppertop23, not you. I haven't even read your post.

December 9, 2006, 11:02 am CST

15 almost 16 and single and loving it!!!

you should wait intill you find the right guy.... like this is my queot....

( i want one guy to prove to me that they are not the same...)

maybe it will work or not.. but i go by that...

December 26, 2006, 6:10 pm CST

Love Being Single

Quote From: ashleyriddle

you should wait intill you find the right guy.... like this is my queot....

( i want one guy to prove to me that they are not the same...)

maybe it will work or not.. but i go by that...

Sounds good to me!

First | Prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Next | Last