Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 28, 2006, 10:56 am CDT

well that's kind of stupid

Quote From: icedt4u

What is wrong with him? 

do you really thing people ever change?  if you do, then i've got a bridge to sell you.

July 28, 2006, 10:58 am CDT

well if they call every day

Quote From: coni_marie

I can agree with you and also the person who said about our female friends want us to be in the same tired routine as they are. 

It is amazing the jealousy of significant others.  I work at a lumber company.  Which is a male dominated place.  We have guys whos girlfriends and wifes call EVERY day at all break times to check up on their boyfriends/husbands.  It's crazy. 

Just because we are single doesn't mean we want your man. 

then they obviously aren't very sure of themselves and suffer from low self-esteem.  they also sound extremely needy.  i'm sure the men won't stay with them for long when they know what's happening.

July 28, 2006, 1:06 pm CDT

Love Being Single

Quote From: kimba46

why on earth would someone want to be married three times?  i don't understand people like you who feel the need to keep getting married and married over and over again.  that's ridiculous.
Well, let me see..............the first one was right out of high school so I really don't even count that one! The second I was married in my twenty's and stayed married for 15 years. The next one I was with for 3 years but only married to him for 7 months, I wanted to believe that he was my soul mate and my knight in shining armour, but I knew it wasn't right, I just refused to believe it because I wanted it so bad. That's why I tell everyone if you are getting red flags, always pay attention to them, never blow them off,or make excuses for them. If you have doubts it's for a reason. Ridiculous as it may seem I was in love all 3 times, and wanted to grow old with these men. And if the right man comes along, then I would do it again. But it wouldn't be for a loooooooong loooooong time, and I would make damn sure this time that he WAS the right man! I've learned alot from those marriages so something good has come of them, and I wouldn't have the wisdom that I have now if it weren't for them, I am grateful to each and every one of them. You think that being married 3 times is bad, my X was married 5 times and just got married again this month, and he  just turned 35 yrs old!!! Now THAT I don't understand! LOL!

July 28, 2006, 2:43 pm CDT

married once, twice, ... 8 times

why on earth would someone want to be married three times?  i don't understand people like you who feel the need to keep getting married and married over and over again.  that's ridiculous.
Looks like you got some wrong impression..... Read my post again... I did not say anything about getting married 3 times, especially not me. I was married once for 10 years, and the next time I will be very careful before doing it again. I'm not going through a seciond divorce. I take enough time to get to know somebody, and I "test" girls before I commit. Believe me, I know the red flags for me quite well. On the other hand the number of marriages says nothing. Or are you saying somebody widowed twice should not get married a third time? And if somebody gets divorced twice or even 8 times, does not make that a bad or rediculous person either. It says nothing about the quality of a person!

July 28, 2006, 3:09 pm CDT

Ozzy - I don't know

do you really thing people ever change?  if you do, then i've got a bridge to sell you.
Ozzy Osbourne knows it very well *lol*.....

People look to me and say
Is the end near, when is the final day?
What's the future of mankind?
How do I know, I got left behind

Everyone goes through changes
Looking to find the truth
Don't look at me for answers
Don't ask me
I don't know

How am I supposed to know
Hidden meanings that will never show
Fools and prophets from the past
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast

You gotta believe in someone
Asking me who is right
Asking me who to follow
Don't ask me
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Nobody ever told me
I found out for myself
You gotta believe in foolish miracles
It's not how you play the game
It's if you win or lose
You can choose, don't confuse, win or lose
It's up to you
It's up to you
It's up to you
It's up to you
Go, go, go

This has a very deep meaning! First, yes, people always change, because every day new questions come up. But it also tells you that  you cannot find the answers in or from others; you only can find the truth in yourself! Or let me re-phrase it this way: I can change my own way, my own personality, my own dreams, but I can never ever change somebody else. And if people followed this approach, then a high number of relationships would work out better.

July 28, 2006, 6:47 pm CDT

I need an oppinion!

Hello, I have an odd question. I'm twenty years of age and so far I haven't had a relationship. Meaning I have never had a steady boyfriend. I often hear that I'm pretty or cute, so I don't think it's my looks, I think I often reject men. All my friends (or most of them) have boyfriends, I feel a bit left out but at the same time I think that I know what I'm doing. I feel like I am not ready for a relationship yet (I don't mean sex) because I don't want to get attached to anyone, I want to do a lot of things like traveling and finish my degree before I get stuck on somebody.

I am already 20 years old. I feel very different from other people in my age group. I feel like I know what I'm doing but sometimes I wonder if this desire to be single is normal. I feel like I want to control my heart and start dating at the age of 23/24, but isn’t that a little late? I think I am abnormally immature when it comes to emotional things…  

I have had some problems in my childhood and my teenage hood. Should I worry and seek professional help? Or am I just an independent woman?

Thank you in advance!  

July 28, 2006, 7:00 pm CDT

MMMMMMMMMMMM

then they obviously aren't very sure of themselves and suffer from low self-esteem.  they also sound extremely needy.  i'm sure the men won't stay with them for long when they know what's happening.

I can understand my husband (ex) is a nurse working with 95% women. 

I didn't check up on him all the time but he did leave me for one of the nurses at work!  Although he said he didn't, he was sleeping with her 2 days after. 

He also wanted to go to drinks nights without me. 

So I now leave it up to you, we only feel insecure when we are made to feel insecure. 

August 1, 2006, 4:38 pm CDT

Just for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once upon a time

~~~~~~~~

in a land far away,

~~~~~~~~

a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess

~~~~~~~~

happened upon a frog as she sat
contemplating ecological issues

on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.

~~~~~~~~

The frog hopped into the princess' lap
and said: " Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

~~~~~~~~

One kiss from you, however,
and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am

~~~~~~~~

and then, my sweet, we can marry

~~~~~~~~

and set up housekeeping in your castle

~~~~~~~~

with my mother,

~~~~~~~~

where you can prepare my meals,

~~~~~~~~

clean my clothes, bear my children,

~~~~~~~~

and forever feel

grateful and happy doing so. "
~~~~~~~~

That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly sauteed frog legs
~~~~~~~~

seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~

she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't freakin think so.

August 1, 2006, 5:19 pm CDT

in reply to Skwirl's frog story

Well, I found sound female frogs telling me pretty much the same. They wanted me I work hard to bring home the bacon, so they could stays home at the pool or drive in their Porsche to Gucci to buy their 106th pair of shoes. I promised to kiss them later, collected them, and sold all of them to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. So not only I could enoy some fried frog legs, but many others had this culinary delicacy, too. They were so yummy!!!! ;-)

August 1, 2006, 5:25 pm CDT

Love Being Single

Quote From: sunnywulf

Well, I found sound female frogs telling me pretty much the same. They wanted me I work hard to bring home the bacon, so they could stays home at the pool or drive in their Porsche to Gucci to buy their 106th pair of shoes. I promised to kiss them later, collected them, and sold all of them to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. So not only I could enoy some fried frog legs, but many others had this culinary delicacy, too. They were so yummy!!!! ;-)
LOL! I knew that would get a rise out of ya! :)

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Next | Last