Message Boards

Topic : Struggling with Sleep Issues?

Number of Replies: 184
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, August 08, 2006, 01:43:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Millions of people suffer from sleep issues such as insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep walking, sleep terrors, or restless leg syndrome. Share your stories and offer advice and support to others facing similar conditions.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 23, 2007, 11:58 pm CDT

getting off tablets

Quote From: sunshine80

no tablets but it is midnight at my house and I am awake.  Get the "Sleep Fairy" for your daughter.  It will help.  I pick up little tidbits here and there about organic things!  Let me know if you can't find it,

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Sunshine

trying hard 2 get off medication. using now only half tablet a day. didnt have a change 2 go 2 bookstore yet. cant wait 2 look 4 book! 2nite Stacey has been good girl slept through. i think she was tired. i feel good 2day. school holiday starts next wk. have 10 children in my aftercare. but its fun having them around. how u doing 2day? lots of love!

June 24, 2007, 11:49 am CDT

Tablets

Quote From: dimpels

trying hard 2 get off medication. using now only half tablet a day. didnt have a change 2 go 2 bookstore yet. cant wait 2 look 4 book! 2nite Stacey has been good girl slept through. i think she was tired. i feel good 2day. school holiday starts next wk. have 10 children in my aftercare. but its fun having them around. how u doing 2day? lots of love!
I am glad that you had a good night with Stacey!  Talk to the parents when you get the Sleep Fairy in aftercare (maybe you can write it off as a busines expense) and tell them the story if all of the children are well-rested they will be better and do better.  Also Teach a little Flying, like using the timer!  My kids are almost hooked on it!  I am also glad that you feel good today.  As far as the tablets go have you consulted your doc before cutting dosage?  See what he says.  I am good today.  Taking the baby steps to help me re-establish my routines.  I am also trying to quit smoking cigarettes.  Lots of love to u 2!!!!

June 24, 2007, 1:46 pm CDT

about the timer

I am glad that you had a good night with Stacey!  Talk to the parents when you get the Sleep Fairy in aftercare (maybe you can write it off as a busines expense) and tell them the story if all of the children are well-rested they will be better and do better.  Also Teach a little Flying, like using the timer!  My kids are almost hooked on it!  I am also glad that you feel good today.  As far as the tablets go have you consulted your doc before cutting dosage?  See what he says.  I am good today.  Taking the baby steps to help me re-establish my routines.  I am also trying to quit smoking cigarettes.  Lots of love to u 2!!!!
havent implemented the timer yet, but will definitely do so. my 12yr daughter Faith & hubby is getting use 2 the shining sink. and reminds the friends & family 2 keep it that way! they hate dirty dishes standing around and NO water marks on the sink! I LUV IT! even my mom is adapting 2 this new idea! she also now less stressful! u remind me of my mom & dad who struggled for years 2 quit smokin but it was nt easy. if u put ur heart 2 it u will b able 2 quit. they only got wakeup call when it affected their health. my dad died of heart disease 14yrs and my mom has lung problems. not much dr can do 4 her but she's ok. dont wait 2 long. ur such an inspiration 2 alot of people out there. we appreciate u! take care.

June 24, 2007, 8:18 pm CDT

Thanks

havent implemented the timer yet, but will definitely do so. my 12yr daughter Faith & hubby is getting use 2 the shining sink. and reminds the friends & family 2 keep it that way! they hate dirty dishes standing around and NO water marks on the sink! I LUV IT! even my mom is adapting 2 this new idea! she also now less stressful! u remind me of my mom & dad who struggled for years 2 quit smokin but it was nt easy. if u put ur heart 2 it u will b able 2 quit. they only got wakeup call when it affected their health. my dad died of heart disease 14yrs and my mom has lung problems. not much dr can do 4 her but she's ok. dont wait 2 long. ur such an inspiration 2 alot of people out there. we appreciate u! take care.
Now i'm getting tears.  My greed is making me stop.  Cash is low, and I have goals and i am determined to take care of the things that need done.  No more wasting that $!!!  Write to Flylady and let her know she is global and she has flybabies in SA!  She will love it!

June 24, 2007, 10:59 pm CDT

i can relate

Now i'm getting tears.  My greed is making me stop.  Cash is low, and I have goals and i am determined to take care of the things that need done.  No more wasting that $!!!  Write to Flylady and let her know she is global and she has flybabies in SA!  She will love it!
i agree no wasting $ and time! i will never b able 2 turn the clock. due 2 ignorance i never fulfil my dreams and goal in life. was a preschool teacher for 4 yrs. since then im @ home 5yrs helping children with learning disabilities and stil council children who have been sexualy abused 4 the past 12yrs. u can do it dont wait 2 long. (((hugs)))

June 25, 2007, 8:10 pm CDT

What a sweetheart you are!

i agree no wasting $ and time! i will never b able 2 turn the clock. due 2 ignorance i never fulfil my dreams and goal in life. was a preschool teacher for 4 yrs. since then im @ home 5yrs helping children with learning disabilities and stil council children who have been sexualy abused 4 the past 12yrs. u can do it dont wait 2 long. (((hugs)))
You make a big difference every day for the children.  I am so impressed.  What goals and dreams did you miss out on?  Maybe I can help to make that possible too.  I have lots of ideas.  I hope to be a Liscensed Clinical Social Worker, I don't know if I already told you that, but the quitting is still firm in my mind.  Those cigarettes don't do anything for me.  Currently my job is a waitress.  I am on medical leave due to a bipolar episode, stinks, but life goes on.  At least I am able to spend summer break with my children.

June 25, 2007, 10:17 pm CDT

enjoy the break!

You make a big difference every day for the children.  I am so impressed.  What goals and dreams did you miss out on?  Maybe I can help to make that possible too.  I have lots of ideas.  I hope to be a Liscensed Clinical Social Worker, I don't know if I already told you that, but the quitting is still firm in my mind.  Those cigarettes don't do anything for me.  Currently my job is a waitress.  I am on medical leave due to a bipolar episode, stinks, but life goes on.  At least I am able to spend summer break with my children.
by the way whats a bypolar? do u have alot of pain?please take it easy and enjoy the kids. i love ur job. i enjoy entertaining people. my youngest brother(died 4yrs ago) always made a joke and said that he will never get me a tea girl job as i wil put flowers on the plates!(ha,ha)

June 25, 2007, 10:51 pm CDT

my dream

by the way whats a bypolar? do u have alot of pain?please take it easy and enjoy the kids. i love ur job. i enjoy entertaining people. my youngest brother(died 4yrs ago) always made a joke and said that he will never get me a tea girl job as i wil put flowers on the plates!(ha,ha)
well i wanted 2 b an artist, a singer and so much more but money 2 my parents were always an issue. although both parents worked @ that time it wasnt easy. father that time had drinking problem. i continued anyway by painting pictures for people and selling it and were always ask 2 sing @ weddings which i still do. my biggest dream is 2 publish a book i have been working on 4 the past 4 yrs. i an looking 4 somebody 2 help me publish it. have a great day i love the idea of u wanting 2 bcome a clinical social worker. tell me more about that. lotsa love!

June 26, 2007, 5:21 pm CDT

Bipolar

well i wanted 2 b an artist, a singer and so much more but money 2 my parents were always an issue. although both parents worked @ that time it wasnt easy. father that time had drinking problem. i continued anyway by painting pictures for people and selling it and were always ask 2 sing @ weddings which i still do. my biggest dream is 2 publish a book i have been working on 4 the past 4 yrs. i an looking 4 somebody 2 help me publish it. have a great day i love the idea of u wanting 2 bcome a clinical social worker. tell me more about that. lotsa love!
Is a mood disorder.  Perhaps you have heard of manic-depression?

June 26, 2007, 9:52 pm CDT

my dream

Is a mood disorder.  Perhaps you have heard of manic-depression?
1st time i hear of manic depression. well i always wanted 2 b an artist, singer... although both parents work, finance was a problem 4 further studies. i continued painting and selling it and still sings @ weddings and birthday whenever im invited. my BIGGEST dream is 2 publish a book which i wrote for the past 4 yrs. editing needs 2 b done. the theme of book: True forgiveness brings about inner healing. otherwise i am content with what im doing now, working with kids & performing as clown @ kiddies parties whenever needed! have a great and da lotsa love!

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next | Last