Message Boards

Topic : I Want to Adopt

Number of Replies: 474
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 12:23:45 pm
Author : dataimport
Has infertility struggling left you ready to bring a child into your home through adoption? Are you finished having kids but feel the need to share your home with one more child? Share your reasons for wanting to adopt and love for children with us.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 27, 2008, 3:22 pm CDT

i have a child whom i will like to give for adoption

Quote From: todanielle

Hi my name is Danielle. Just to give you some insite on were I am. I am 22yrs. old and have just lossed my job due to fertility treatments and pursing multiple adoption oppertunities. I have had 2 miscarraiges and two adoption go wrong. I have PCOS and Endometriosis. I can not have children of my own. My husband and I started looking into adoption agencys, but the cost I can not swing. One company told me starting was 10k and another said 30k. My husband and I also tried looking into the foster/adopt program and that did not go well. They basiclly told us that there are no young children avalible and that because I was so young that taking on an older child would no go well because I was not going to appeare to these children as an adult. My husband is 26 so his age was not a concern. I have taken everything from glucophage, clomid, avandament, follostim,gonagal-f. I have had IUI and all that was left for me to try was IVF I didn't have 10,000 dollars left after all of that. Moving forward my husband and I were approached about a baby that was going to be born on Nov.4,2005. We were informed that the only reason there wasn't an abortion was because it cost to much. My husband and I contacted and attorney and agread that we would take the baby. It was a Girl and as soon as they found out the sex the lady changed her mind. About a month after that I recieved a phone call from a girl who had heard about us through some friends and wanted to know would we take they baby. Once again we said yes. We invested 4 months into this girl and her boyfriend. They were homeless and we decided that we would rent them and apartment as long as the boyfriend held a job. Also they already had a son and he wasn't even a year old. The mother was 14 yrs. old and the father was 19 yrs. old. One week later they rob our house. I lost about 36,000 dollars worth of money and belongings. The father went to jail. They contacted us and asked if we would still adopt the baby and we talked and said yes. That was about a month ago. Now the baby is due and they are telling us that they changed there minds. I have done everything to prepair for this baby and now I can't  hardly walk thru my own home because I have this room that is ready for this child that I will not be getting. We named this little girl and everyting. I can't sleep at night and don't know were else to turn. My husband is trying to let it go but every day when he comes home he says has anyone called and I tell him no. We want to have children and we would love to adopted but we have lost so much now that it seems like we will never have to money.  

Hello Daniella,
           this is something sad to tell you but i got no choice.Hello,
   t.Has it ever occurred to you that the people whom you taught will be by your side in times of trouble are the one who fail you the most?Have you ever been in total confusing that is you do not know to who to turn to?a desperate woman seeking for a man coverage who in return has a fruit from the Lord very sweet and tender that is a bouncing baby boy.A child that comes when the mother is incapable of giving him the best of time,the best he deserves.That is me.
  I know you will be asking then what happened that i am about to give this child for adoption.It has been the hardest decision i have ever made in my life.I am a Canadian of Nationality but Presently in Cameroon.I was first in Sudan where we were on tour when suddenly  the war in Darfur  a region in Sudan broke out and we had to fleet away.So we landed in Cameroon.We were six but four found their way back and two of us was left here because the person who was left with me promised me a lot of love.So together we had  little money that kept us alive.I never told my parents back there in Canada what happened and they lost trace of me because i was blind folded by love that did not last as i taught.The guy who was with me impregnated me and denied total custody of the pregnancy .I was left alone in the middle of nowhere between total strangers .What a cruel world with cruel people.So trying to get in contact with my parents back in Canada who later found that i was pregnant,they said i should abort the child which is a thing i will never and has never planned to do in entire life.So they said let it be that way because if i do not obey them then i should not count on them,so i decided to give birth to the child and find him a good and caring home before i get back to my parents.
  The child is now 7 months old because when i gave birth to him,i deposited in an adoption agency who was not really good for him because there was only blacks as children.So a man who is a barrister and knows my parents very well decided to housed me and the child till i find a good and caring for him.And he proposed to help me do all the legal procedures if anyone is interested in adopting the child.I am 18 years old and my child name is Bradley.
I will be more than happy if you are the God sent to me and my child especially my child.I have a lawyer who will take car of everything.
  Are you willing to take him as your own child?

July 3, 2008, 2:03 pm CDT

adoption

Quote From: stucker1988

Hello Daniella,
           this is something sad to tell you but i got no choice.Hello,
   t.Has it ever occurred to you that the people whom you taught will be by your side in times of trouble are the one who fail you the most?Have you ever been in total confusing that is you do not know to who to turn to?a desperate woman seeking for a man coverage who in return has a fruit from the Lord very sweet and tender that is a bouncing baby boy.A child that comes when the mother is incapable of giving him the best of time,the best he deserves.That is me.
  I know you will be asking then what happened that i am about to give this child for adoption.It has been the hardest decision i have ever made in my life.I am a Canadian of Nationality but Presently in Cameroon.I was first in Sudan where we were on tour when suddenly  the war in Darfur  a region in Sudan broke out and we had to fleet away.So we landed in Cameroon.We were six but four found their way back and two of us was left here because the person who was left with me promised me a lot of love.So together we had  little money that kept us alive.I never told my parents back there in Canada what happened and they lost trace of me because i was blind folded by love that did not last as i taught.The guy who was with me impregnated me and denied total custody of the pregnancy .I was left alone in the middle of nowhere between total strangers .What a cruel world with cruel people.So trying to get in contact with my parents back in Canada who later found that i was pregnant,they said i should abort the child which is a thing i will never and has never planned to do in entire life.So they said let it be that way because if i do not obey them then i should not count on them,so i decided to give birth to the child and find him a good and caring home before i get back to my parents.
  The child is now 7 months old because when i gave birth to him,i deposited in an adoption agency who was not really good for him because there was only blacks as children.So a man who is a barrister and knows my parents very well decided to housed me and the child till i find a good and caring for him.And he proposed to help me do all the legal procedures if anyone is interested in adopting the child.I am 18 years old and my child name is Bradley.
I will be more than happy if you are the God sent to me and my child especially my child.I have a lawyer who will take car of everything.
  Are you willing to take him as your own child?
My husband & I are wanting to adopt a child in need of a loving & secure family, home & future. I read the story about the pregency & about the lack of support from family. I was wondering where the child is now. I do not know much about adoption out of the country, so I was just interested in the plans for his future. This couples is truly blessed to have someone seek them for her child's forever family. There is only one God, but this couple may very well be angels as some of the other adoptive families.

July 8, 2008, 6:35 pm CDT

He is not my adopted son he is my chosen son

I know that as my son who is now 4-1/2yrs. old gets older he will have many questions about life.  (as does my biological son who is almost 11yrs). We have had him since day one.  He knows that he was not in mommies belly (we laugh and say that Tyler broke the belly) But he knows about his birth Angel (that is what we call her) because in my eyes she is and always be my angel. We don't make a huge deal about him being adopted. Because even the Judge said he is not just adopted he is chosen And he is.....I have some info on his birth mother. And I will do everything to help him find her when he gets older. In a perfect world we would ALL be happy and have what we want. But as many of us know we along with the world are not perfect. And although there are some who don't think adoption is right. Weather it be the older adopted child or someone who wants to speak there mind. (and that is ok too.. we have free speech)  I feel that as long as there is a child  that needs a family we as humans (race,religion,sex doesn't matter) must  act. So weather we our the ones that are unable to concive a child. Or we just feel the need to open our homes to a child who needs it. We need to STOP making Adoption look so dark and ugly! Because it is our fault in the first place if a child may feel unwanted. If adults make adoption feel like it's a wonderful thing then our children (adopted or not) will follow our lead!

July 14, 2008, 5:26 am CDT

I Want to Adopt

Quote From: uk_macman1

REAL PARENTS???

WHATS UNREAL ABOUT OUR MOTHERS??? THEY ARE MOTHERS, NOT BIRTH MOTHERS OR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS BUT MOTHERS...

permanantly belonging to A family????

again your talking like the child is a possession...disgraceful

Actually, if you ask me, birth parents and adoptive parents are BOTH real parents.  Birth parents who take the time and the energy to make sure to find a good home for their child in the event that they cannot do the job of raising the child at that time can be considered real parents.  The child simply will not be living with them, that's all.  However, I agree that the words "birth parent" and "adoptive parent" are better simply to avoid confusion.  The people who just abandon their babies are awful people, but still, you have to consider that with the availability of abortion these days, they at least didn't opt for that horrible option.  To leave a baby at a hospital, DSS, or a police station is better than nothing, ya know?

I wanted to let everybody know who was interested that I've found a family for my unborn child and I have completed all the paperwork for my own adoption - in reverse.  (I'm placing this baby for adoption.)  It's been a bit time consuming and some people think that I'm giving up, copping out, being irresponsible, etc., but I am trying to ignore those comments and focus on the ones who tell me that I know what is best in my situation and that adoption is a lovely gift for those who cannot have children.  I'm due in a month and I actually look forward to making this couple that I've chosen parents.  They have been well approved by the agency that I've been working with, so I'm sure they deserve the privilege of being parents.  Good luck to all of you who are looking for good birth parents to help you become parents for life.

Tracy

July 15, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

Wanting to adopt

Hello, I am an thirty-one year old woman. And I have had two Etopic pregnancies; one in 2000 and I lost my left fallopain tube , well last year this same time I experience my second Etopic pregnancy . Well this wonderful doctor manage to save partial of my right tube , only leaving me with an hope and a dream of one day becoming an mother . Well appromixately a couple weeks of being out of the hospital , my freind brings her two to three month old baby around me alot. So one day she brings this baby by and leaves him with me , along with him is belongs: milk(vouchers),clothing ,diapers,medicad card ,birth certificate,social sercurity card,THE WORKS except legal rights to the baby. She is a young mother who wasn't ready for the responsibility of raising two children(the oldest 4) on her own . So I didn't have no problem with keeping her baby , and giving him the love that he needed especially after going through my second Etopic pregnancy . I had this baby for at least an year she was in and out of jail and she still insisted that her baby remains with me. Her family had no problem with it to my knowledge. Well it came to a time where this baby had to have surgery, but his moter was in jail , but he had me . I gave this situation with this baby my all. Well last month the  young lady found out that she has an warrant so she left the state and came back two weeks later and crushed my heart an took this baby from me (now not forgetting that I am the only mommy that this bay knows(thats what he calls me) . Now this is why I am wanting to adopt an baby . She want let me see this baby . And its an piece of me that feels so lonely especially since what I been through. and I don't ever want to love an baby and have to give it back to its mother. I want to adopt b/c I have so much love to offer an baby.

July 15, 2008, 5:22 pm CDT

I Want to Adopt

Quote From: kwash1977

Hello, I am an thirty-one year old woman. And I have had two Etopic pregnancies; one in 2000 and I lost my left fallopain tube , well last year this same time I experience my second Etopic pregnancy . Well this wonderful doctor manage to save partial of my right tube , only leaving me with an hope and a dream of one day becoming an mother . Well appromixately a couple weeks of being out of the hospital , my freind brings her two to three month old baby around me alot. So one day she brings this baby by and leaves him with me , along with him is belongs: milk(vouchers),clothing ,diapers,medicad card ,birth certificate,social sercurity card,THE WORKS except legal rights to the baby. She is a young mother who wasn't ready for the responsibility of raising two children(the oldest 4) on her own . So I didn't have no problem with keeping her baby , and giving him the love that he needed especially after going through my second Etopic pregnancy . I had this baby for at least an year she was in and out of jail and she still insisted that her baby remains with me. Her family had no problem with it to my knowledge. Well it came to a time where this baby had to have surgery, but his moter was in jail , but he had me . I gave this situation with this baby my all. Well last month the  young lady found out that she has an warrant so she left the state and came back two weeks later and crushed my heart an took this baby from me (now not forgetting that I am the only mommy that this bay knows(thats what he calls me) . Now this is why I am wanting to adopt an baby . She want let me see this baby . And its an piece of me that feels so lonely especially since what I been through. and I don't ever want to love an baby and have to give it back to its mother. I want to adopt b/c I have so much love to offer an baby.

In my opinion, it's people like this who treat children as property and not as the fine people that they are.  I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.  It would have been nice if she terminated her parental rights in jail.  I mean, my God, if I knew I was going to be away from my child for that long, I'd think about it, depending on the age of the child.  And then she won't even let you SEE the child after all you've done for her?  Ingrate!  I think she's just overly insecure, too, because she knows that until she establishes a relationship with her own child, that child would without a doubt prefer to be with you.  I hate that for you.  I hope you find a child of your own soon, too.  You sound like you'd make a good foster mom in the meantime, though.  Why not look into that?  Have a good week.

Tracy

July 18, 2008, 10:28 am CDT

Hello

Quote From: sunnkiss

so it is possible to adopt only with one parent in the house??   

my little daydream i have for adoption is to adopt an older child cuz i know they r the ones that need homes like a 12 yr old of course further down life cuz i am only 25 yrs old lol 

but i just would rather be single in the process but my husband would be apart of the childs life  

also my husband and i have talked about our future and would love to just live next door to each other  lol sounds odd but we both dont have much of a desire to have a live in companion but still be together if not romantically then best friends and neighbors 

Hi,

I read that you would like to adopt an older child. I know a heart warming 13 year old girl. she is looking for a home. If you'd like to find out more info on her please e-mail at bismafazeen@yahoo.com

thank you

July 19, 2008, 3:02 pm CDT

I would love to adopt

Quote From: rjkd910

We have discussed adoption and are now pursuing adoption in our state.  Although like most couples we would  welcome  a baby it is not a preference with us...we would actually prefer to adopt an older child..somewere between 3yrs and 10 yrs.   We just feel that there are so many older children out there who are longing for a family who will love and cherish them and teach them what being a part of a loving family is all about.  ALot of people just want babies and hold out for years for an infant when there are wonderful children who are a little bit older sittting there wishing for a family of their own.

He has 2 kids from a previouis marriage...my 2 beautiful stepdaughters whoa re 9 and 10 so an older child might actually fit better into our loving family.  However having said that we would never turn down a younger child if we were given the choice to adopt him/her.  We would never turn down any child we were blessed with the choice to adopt or not to adopt.

Of course we also hope to have at least one Bio child together god willing but if its not meant to be we will be fine with that.   We just pray that we are able to adopt so that no matter what between his girls and the children we are lucky enough to be blessed with adopting...our house willl alaways be filled with the blessed sound of a child's laughter.

I would love to adopt because there are so many babies out there that need a home and I can definately give them one and I would give them plenty of love and kindness and I also would care for them a who lot.

July 21, 2008, 5:06 am CDT

Wanting to adopt

Quote From: feng456

k first i wanna say to those ppl writing on here to dr. phil that (as far as i know from what ive heard) he doesnt check these boards! write to him via letter and you'll have better luck. 

k i need some advice please. i dont think i wanna get married cuz i dont think i will meet the right person at least until im like 40 or 50 or even older. i've always really wanted to have kids though so having chlidren is a higher priority than getting married. 

so um do u think im crazy? is this a realistic future? ive heard adoption takes years and costs a lot of money. so if thats true, even if i do finally get to adopt wud i have any money left to give the child a happy childhood??? 

background info: im under 20, im a guy, im bi, im in university/college studying engineering first year, im volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters... 

please any advice would be good. thanks 

I wanted to respond to your message.

Remember your young and you have your whole life ahead of you, as you stated you don't think you will meet the right person until like 40 or 50.  The right person will come along and you realize that you really care for this person and things just seem to fall in place and workout.  One morning while drinking your coffee after about 5 to 7 years of that relationship, you will wonder where all that time went seems like it just flew bye. 

I think that it is a good idea to adopt, there are always great kids in need of a home, but before you consider that, consider the fact that most of them have been traumatized or have already been on an emontional rollercoaster and need a VERY stable, loving, safe home.  Make sure you have your *hit together before you even consider that route. 

Hope this helps you and good luck.

July 23, 2008, 12:07 am CDT

Do you want to adopt?

I have made a poor decision of getting pregnant by someone who is not responsible.  I already have two children.  It is real easy to schedule an abortion but much harder to forget.  Is anyone interested in taking over my rights as a parent?  I am willing to give up my baby at birth.  I am sorry but the baby is african american or black.  My other children are beautiful, my daughter gets the most complements on how pretty she is, I myself am very pretty and education (I have a BA degree).  I am unable to take on another child and truly want him or her to have a good life.  I will find out the sex and actual due date within the next two weeks.  Thank you for looking. 

First | Prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next | Last